|Avery High School 1916 and
Freshman and Sophmore Classes
This is the new high School built in 1915 and served until 1975. The first graduating Class, in 1920 consisted of only 3. They were Archie Nix, Bert (Hollaway) Dodd and Annie (Duke) Trimm. The 1921 graduating class had 10, 5 boys and 5 girls. The girls in 1921 were County Champs and the Boys lost to Bogota. In 1922 there were 12 in the graduating class. The Principle in 1915 was H.N. Henderson and the Superintendent was A.W. Diffie, Fannie Bearden, Nettie Campbell, Grace Fox --Claude Warthan were some of the teachers.