Blakeney Cemetery, 15 Aug 1913,"This
cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of Red River County,
Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 51.808N, 95 Deg 05.155W.
The Blakeney cemetery is north of Clarksville. Go north from
Clarksville to near the Red River Bridge and turn west on FM
195 about 2-1/2 miles, then right onto FM 410. The cemetery is
on the left at the first road left which is CR 2350. Mr. J. J.
Shudy was paid $40 on 30 Dec 1912 for two acres of the John R.
Scott and N. W. Ricker headright survey. This deed was filed
on 13 Feb 1913 in Book CH Vol 80 Page 235. On the east side another
small section has been fenced with hog wire. The oldest marked
grave is that of F. O. Smith d. 15 Aug 1913. This cemetery was
surveyed on 12 Feb 1997 by Lawrence and Sue Dale. In February
1999 an interested group began a complete clean-up and re-fencing
of the cemetery removing all old fencing and doing some levelling
in the process. There have been no additional markers found,
however. We were on the site on 10 Jan 2004 and took the GPS
Coordinates and did a rewalk of the cemetery checking for changes
to markers. The fence is now installed and ready for the new
partial listings go here