Chapel B Cemetery
"Corley Chapel B","Cemetery","21
May 1912","Corley Chapel B","This cemetery
is located in the southeast quadrant of Red River County, Texas.
GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 34.745N, 94 Deg 58.294W.
A deed made on 30 Jul 1908 and filed for record on 30 Jul 1908
conveyed 1 acre for school and Missionary Baptist Church on Jake's
Creek District #12 from Carol Corley et ux to Corley Chapel Community
and recorded in Book CH 60 page 467. From the square in Clarksville
go east on Hwy 82 for 5.3 miles to the intersection with CR 4205.
Take CR 4205 south for 2.5 miles as the road meanders south then
into a westerly direction. The cemetery is plainly visible from
the road though overgrown and there is a sign over the gate.
This cemetery was surveyed on 22 Feb 2000 and the prize find
was the cornerstone to the church. Corley's Chapel Baptist Church
was dedicated 25 May 1913. The original pastor was Rev. W. M.
Caesar with deacon being Manny Jones and Alonzo Corley as clerk,
builder was Peter Baker. Oldest burial is that of Carroll Corley
who died on 21 May 1912. We again traveled the road to this cemetery
on 30 Jan 2003 and took the GPS Coordinates."