Holloway Pittman Cemetery, 6 Jun
1884,"This cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant
of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33
Deg 43.792N, 95 Deg 06.306W, El 409 ft. From the Dimple Community
proceed west on FM 2120 past the New Haven cemetery for 9/10
mile to the intersection with CR 2239. Take CR 2239 northwest
for 1 mile until it ends at a pasture gate. Look north about
1/4 mile and see a group of large old trees among the younger
pine trees along the banks of a tributary just south of Blanton
Creek. The cemetery is on private property and located in this
stand of trees on the creek bank. The land is owned by J. C.
Dotson and is privately owned so please get permission before
attempting to gain entry to the area. It is a part of the E.
H. Tarrant headright survey and a part of the R. W. Holloway
partition deed of 1871, 120 feet square for a cemetery. The oldest
marked grave is that of Era E. Holloway who died 6 June 1884.
This cemetery was copied by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 18 Aug 1999
from an earlier reading of this cemetery in the Clarksville Library
by C. M. Raulston, Jr. On 14 Jan 2004, we were finally able to
locate the site and did a thorough search of the area. The ice
storm of Dec 2000 did considerable damage and there is a tremendous
amount of deadfall on the area. Some of the markers were knocked
over as a result. We did dig out all markers and photographed
them as well as to collect the epitaphs from the old markers.
While there we also got the GPS coordinates for the cemetery.
Contact for this cemetery is J. C. Dotson, PO Box 172, Bagwell
TX 75412, 903 427 2650."