Kanawha Cemetery




Kanawha Cemetery,"27 May 1888, "This cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 51.785N, 95 Deg 15.010W. From Woodland take FM 410 north 4.3 miles to the Kanawha Community. The cemetery is located in the second curve on the right. It is on the M. D. Wright survey and an instrument made on 28 Aug 1888 and filed for record 16 Nov 1961 in Book CH Vol 224 Page 127 deeds 1 acre of the M. D. Wright survey 20 miles northwest of Clarksville for church, school and cemetery, from Cornelius Johnson et ux to Kanawha School et al. There are other additions. The oldest grave is that of S. F. Sharp who died 27 May 1888. It was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 16 Feb 1997. We visited the site again on 7 Dec 2003 and took the GPS readings. We also did a re walk of the cemetery adding new burials and noting marker changes."

More Pictures

 
Thanks to Frances Christopher for picture

 

Back to Cemetery List
Back to Main Page