Latimer Family Cemetery
8 May 1861 Latimer Family","This cemetery is located
in the northeast quadrant of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES:
Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 37.965N, 95 Deg 02.137W. This is located
on the old family land about three miles northeast of downtown
Clarksville. From the intersection of Hwy 82 East and FM 1159,
take FM 1159 north 1.3 miles. Turn left into a pasture gate drive
and go another 1/10 mile to the farmhouse. STOP! After getting
permission to proceed, go about another 1/10 mile on foot to
the west/northwest and the cemetery is beside a grove of trees
and secured inside a pipe fence. Current owners of the land are
Charles and Jeannette Bolton Wilson and are nice friendly folks.
They plan to have this cemetery 'set aside' at the county clerks
office in the near future. On a beautiful Sunday morning, 25
Feb 2001, this cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale.
The earliest marked burial is that of Lucinda A. Shelton Latimer,
first wife of Henry Russell Latimer. We had a nice visit with
Charles and Jeannette after the survey work was done. We visited
the site again on 11 Dec 2003 and took the GPS readings. We again
visited for a while with the Wilson family."