Lydia Cemetery, 1888","This
cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of Red River County,
Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 26.882N, 94 Deg 45.316W,
El 380 ft. The Lydia Cemetery is located at Lydia community about
8 miles south of Avery on FM 911. There is a deed dated 3 Aug
1896 and filed for record on 12 Oct 1897 in Book CH Vol 32 Page
599 and it conveys 1 acre of the Village of Lydia Sewell Hancock
survey from David B. Pritchett to Lydia Baptist Church. The earliest
marked burial is that of Ethel Patterson who died in 1888. This
cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 3 Feb 1999.
We visited the site again on 18 Dec 2003 and took the GPS readings.
We also did a re walk of the cemetery adding new burials and
noting marker changes."