McCrury Cemetery, 1864,"This cemetery is located in the southwest quadrant of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 24.221N, 95 Deg 15.517W. From Bogata go south on Hwy 37 to intersection with FM 196. Turn right and go about 2 miles, the cemetery being on the left. A deed dated 25 May 1953 and filed for record on 20 Jun 1953 in Book CH Vol 196 Page 478 'deeded to R. M. Griffin 4 tracts of W. M. McCrury survey less 1 1/2 acres' from John Forester et al to McCrury Cemetery. The oldest marked burial is that of John W. McCrury who died in 1864. This cemetery was surveyed on a pleasant Sunday, 13 Dec 1998, by Lawrence and Sue Dale. On 20 Jan 2003 a complete re walk was accomplished and the cemetery was subdivided into East and West sections at this time as well as taking the GPS Coordinates. We also did a re walk of the cemetery on 23 Jan 2004 adding new burials and noting marker changes."
For Partial Inventory Go Here
Sunday, 09-Aug-2015 19:33:54 MDT