Red River County
Medford Cemetery, 1 Aug 1891,"This cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 27.817N, 94 Deg 47.272W, El 424 ft. This cemetery is located south of Avery. Take FM 911 6.3 miles to the intersection with CR 4430. Take CR 4430 west for 1.0 mile and the cemetery is on the right on the top of a small knoll. Markers are visible from the road so go slowly. It is located on what probably was the Sewell Hancock headright survey. The oldest marked burial is that of Susan Ora Medford who died on 1 Aug 1891. A bronze memorial marker reads 'Established by Luke R. Medford after his arrival from AL in 1870. In memory of J. W. B. H. Bailey Medford 1902 1984'. This cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 24 Feb 1999. We were on site on 3 Feb 2003 to obtain the GPS Coordinates."