Red River County
Stones Chapel Cemetery,
14 Nov 1862,"This cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant
of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33
Deg 39.604N, 95 Deg 05.584W. This cemetery is located in the
Cherry Community. Parson Amos M. Stone (1813 1862) gave the land
for the Stones Chapel Cemetery and upon his death on 14 Nov 1862
became the first burial there. This cemetery was surveyed by
Lawrence and Sue Dale on the muddy afternoon of 17 Feb 1997.
We were there again on 29 Jan 2003 and were pleasantly surprised
at the cleanup that had been done and at the new gazebo on the
grounds and also took the GPS Coordinates. We visited the site
again on 3 Jan 2004 and did a re walk of the cemetery adding
new burials and noting marker changes."
(Go Here for Inventory) (Dedication
of Historical Marker)