Red River County
Thompson Town B Cemetery, 26 Oct 1900,"This cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33 Deg 37.270N, 95 Deg 07.931W. The Thompson Town or Mabry Colored Cemetery can be reached by going about 3.5 miles west of Clarksville on Hwy. 82. There is a marker on the highway. It is located on the NW part of the Preston Bland headright survey. It can only be reached by crossing a private pasture. There is a deed transaction dated 21 Mar 1898 and filed for record on 10 Oct 1898 in Book CH 35 page 31 conveying 8.5 acres of the Preston Bland survey for use as church and cemetery from R. R. Gaines to Thompson Lewis School. The oldest marked burial is that of Oliver Griggs who died on 26 Oct 1900. This cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 4 Mar 1997. We visited the site again on 11 Dec 2003 and took the GPS readings. We also did a re walk of the cemetery adding new burials and noting marker changes."
Saturday, 25-Feb-2012 22:56:49 MST
[an error occurred while processing this directive]