Red River County
Tucker Cemetery, 6 Sep
1882,"This cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant
of Red River County, Texas. GPS COORDINATES: Datum WGS84: 33
Deg 28.089N, 94 Deg 46.849W, El 402 ft. This is another of the
abandoned cemeteries located in the woods in southeast RRCo TX.
From Avery go south on FM 911 to the intersection with CR 4430.
Take CR 4430 west for 1 mile and turn right into a private pasture
gate. Mike Kelsoe at Avery owns the land the cemetery is on.
Also, Medford Cemetery is on his land. The cemetery is north
about 1/2 mile past a lake and just past a house and barn and
is in the woods about 150 yards northeast of the barn. The oldest
marked burial is that of Letha L. Roberts who died on 6 Sep 1882.
This cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 1 May
2000. We visited the site again on 18 Dec 2003 and took the GPS