As reported last year, RHA received a grant from Mid-America Arts Alliance in partnership with the Texas Commission on the Arts, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, The Brown Foundation, and The Meadows Foundation to participate in the Hands-on Experiential Learning Project (HELP) on Governance and Organization. It has been such a wonderful learning experience for the RHA Board. The directors who attended the workshops worked with the rest of the board to define the purpose and goals of RHA and HELP has given us a better understanding of governance and skills to perform the duties of the association.
- Oct 13 - 14, 2008
- Texas HELP Orientation Workshop, Austin - Marian Nelson & Minnie Bartsch attended.
- Dec 6, 2008
- Texas Field Expert, Deborah Edward, Ph.D., held a three-hour meeting with RHA Board Members at the Rockne Museum.
- April 15 - 17, 2009
- THC Annual Historic Preservation Conference, Lakeway, Austin - Marian Nelson & Gerri Martinez attended.
- April 29, 2009
- Booster Meeting, Austin - Marian Nelson, Gerri Martinez & Melvin Driskill attended.
- May 11 - June 5, 2009
- Board Development 101 online course through The American Association for State and Local History - Debora DiFronzo & Tish Wilhelm Miller completed the extensive course and received certificates.
- July 8, 2009
- Cluster Meeting at Sophienburg Museum, New Braunfels - Marian Nelson, Gerri Martinez, Clara White & Joy Goertz attended.
- August 25, 2009
- Rockne Historical Association received an impressive Graduation Certificate. The last all-day workshop,held at the Sophienburg Museum, left all the participants enthusiastic and ready to apply new acquired skills. Gerri Martinez and Marian Nelson attended. RHA Directors applied over 200 hours to this project.
- September 22, 2009
- Opportunity for learning continues with a Workshop on Museum Exhibits offered by Texas Historical Commission and Texas Association of Museums. Minnie Bartsch and Gerri Martinez attended this workshop in LaGrange.