The "Rockwall County Success"
First newspaper in county, founded by Sid Crosbyton in 1883. It
was first called "The Success".
"The Rockwall Sun"
Owned and operated by T. K. Bickley.
"The Daily Letter"
Owned and operated by Bickley's daughters.
both "The Daily Letter" and the Rockwall Sun were bought out by the "Rockwall Success" owners.
H M Manson and his partner, Jeff Cox, were early owners of "The Success"and
Cox became sole owner at Manson's death.
In 1910 R. A. "Dick" Gaines bought "The Success" and operated it until 1949. That year it was bought by P.J. Bounds, Sr & P.J.Bounds, Jr. The Bounds family changed its name to "The Rockwall Texas Success" in 1958.
The "Royse City News-Times"
John J. Switzer and his sons, Herman and Orin, owned and published the "Royse City News-Times" from 1924 until 1933.