SAGHS Library Search

 

[Notify me of changes to this Page]

HOME

CALENDAR

NEWS

LIBRARY

 RESEARCH

GENEALOGY CLASSES  PUBLICATIONS

LINKS

OFFICERS

MEMBERSHIP

 FIRST  FAMILIES

 

BEXAR COUNTY CEMETERIES

View the Bexar County Cemeteries by Name:    A - F   G - M   N - Z

Cemeteries by Name:  A - F

Adams – Est. by 1898

Location:  On private property in a pasture behind the house at 12893 Lavernia Road
Map: Mapsco 656-D2
GPS: N29
°23.553  W098°13.512
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas-Vol. 5” (2008)
Notes: Five marked graves but only three had information incised upon the markers

 

Aguilar-San Martin -- est about 1966
 

Location: In southeast San Antonio at the intersection of Stuart Road and Kosub Lane, about ¼ mile south of South Loop 1604. It is next to Orden Caballeros de America Memorial Park.
Map: Mapsco 721-A2
GPS:  N29°15.716  W.098°17.450
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4
Notes: 136 marked graves as of February 2006
 

Agudas Achim (old) – Est. by 1886

Location: between Crockett, Potomac, Palmetto & St. James Sts.
Records: at Agudas Achim in books and on index cards; 16550 Huebner Road, (210)  479-0307
Published: Texas Jewish Burials
Notes: About 900 graves w/markers. Originally established by a Jewish burial society and,  after the Agudas Achim Congregation was organized, became its cemetery. Still occasional   burials in existing family plots, as of 1997 but no more space available.

 

Agudas Achim Memorial Gardens – Est. 1961

Location: 1700 Austin Hwy, E of Sunset Memorial, Park, San Antonio
Records: in books and on cards at synagogue: 16550 Huebner Road, (210) 479-0307.
Published: Texas Jewish Burials (1997)
Maps: SDHPT-I; Ferguson-584
Notes: Estimated 350-400 burials a/o Oct. 1997

 

Alamo Golden Rule

Location: within City Cemetery #3

 

Alamo Masonic Lodge – Est by 1854
 

 
         Location: North side E Commerce St. between N Pine & N Monumental
         Contact: Lodge-(210)225-7072
         Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas Volume 2
         Notes: 1,180 graves as of 1986.

 
Alsbury (?)
 

Location: N of Salado Creek, E of I-10 East, SA(?)
 

Altgelt

Location: On the Maverick-Altgelt Ranch on North Boerne Stage Road
Map: Ferguson-446E6
Notes: The ranch, originally owned by the Altgelt family, was purchased by George Maverick in 1907 and was owned by 12 of his descendants as of 1992. Attempts to get permission to abstract information on the gravestones have been unsuccessful.

 

 

Anchor Masonic Lodge – Est. 1882

Location:  In San Antonio’s Eastside Cemetery District, bounded by Commerce, Palmetto and Montana Streets & the Knights of Pythias Cemetery
Map: Mapsco 617-C6
GPS: N29
°41.895  W098°46.497
Contact: Lodge-(210) 227-0705
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas-Vol. 5” (2008)
Notes: About 850 graves as of 2006



 

Anderlich, Valentine - (1850-1907)

Single grave at Castle Hills Elementary School, grave stone now missing
 

Antioch (?)
 


 

Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church – Est. by 1863

Location: St. Hedwig, off 1346 and east of 1604.
Map: Mapsco 622-E6
GPS: N29
°25.037  W098°12.389
Notes: Church established by immigrants from Poland in 1855


 

Arciniega – Est. by 1916
 

Location: Next to Casanova Cemetery in a complex of seven cemeteries bounded by Adkins Elmendorf Rd and Hwy. 181.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 720C-3
GPS: N29°16.376  W098°19.148
Notes: 22 marked graves as of March 2005 

Arnold/Medina Ranch – Est. in 1849

Location: Private property. On N. bank of Medina River on Strauss Medina Ranch Rd. about 1.3 miles E of its intersection with W.T. Montgomery Rd.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 677-F1
GPS: N29°20.625  W098°43.230
Notes: Burial place of Hendrick Arnold, who was given this property for his service as a soldier  during the Texas revolution; 9 marked graves as of May 2005
 

 Arocha – Est by 1890

Location: In Elmendorf at the end of 9th St. near the intersection of First and Kilowatt Rd.
Abstracted: November 2005.
Map: Mapsco 720-B5
GPS: N29°15.386  W098°19.725
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4
Notes: 14 marked graves as of November 2005, nine of them with no names or dates.

Barker @Kinney – Est. 1890

Location:  East side of Benton City Road where it intersects with Bexar Road.
Map: Mapsco 716-E4
GPS: N29
°13.692  W098°40.967
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas-Vol. 1” (1999)
Notes: 27 graves w/markers as of October 1997.  Believed to have been established by Samuel John Barker and Mike Hannon

 

Barney Williams

Location:  Immedately south of the residence at 25530 Whispering Winds Dr.
Map: Mapsco 783-B5
GPS: N29
°08.775  W098°28.390
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas-Vol. 6” (2009)
Notes: About 80 graves, some of them unmarked.


 

 Beacon Light Masonic Lodge # 50 -- est. 1902
 

Location: “Eastside Cemetery Complex,” on Montana Street, in block bounded by S. New Braunfels, Wyoming, Palmetto & Montana, immediately south of St. Peter Clavier  Cemetery, northeast section of block containing City Cemetery #3
Published: Six Historical “Colored People’s” Cemeteries.
Notes:  African-American burials.
 

Becker – Est. 1894
 

Location: Private property.  At the edge of a wooded area on a hill facing the offices of Color Spot.  No roads lead to it; it can be accessed by walking through a large field.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 646-C9
GPS: N29°21.078  W098°41.969
Notes: 8 identified graves as of May 2005

 

Beitel Memorial Church -- See Salado Cemetery

Notes: Beitel Memorial Lutheran Church does not have a cemetery.   Salado Cemetery is sometimes incorrectly identified as the church’s cemetery.
 

 Beltrane & Cannon – Est. by 1909
 

Location: E side of FM 1937, between Blue Wing and Rabel Rds.  Can be reached by driving about 0.2 of a mile on a dirt lane at utility post 15260
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 717-D4/5
GPS: N29°15.621  W098°27.527
Notes: 9 marked graves as of January 2005

 

Beth-El -- See Temple Beth-El
 

 

Bexar (aka Somerset Baptist Church Cemetery; Somerset City Cemetery) – Est. 1895

Location: 1 mile W of Somerset on N side 2790 at 2790’s intersection with 476
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries Vol 1 (1999)
Map: Mapsco-746-E2
GPS: N29
°13.387  W098°40.887
Notes: Established by Somerset Baptist Church after it moved to Bexar community from Old Somerset.  Owned by the church deacons and still active. This church was originally located at Mann’s Crossing and was named Medina Baptist Church. Its first cemetery, established at Mann’s Crossing, is now known as McCulloch Cemetery. 785 graves as of March 1999.



 

Bexar County

Location: Somerset between Southton Rd & I-37 near Southton Sanitorium
Notes: bodies removed to Chapel Hill

 

Blackhill Burial Park – Est. by 1890

Location: At the corner of Luckey and Oko Frio City Roads just off of I-35 South
Map: Mapsco 711-C6
GPS: N29
°15.031  W098°44.919
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries Vol 1 (1999)
Notes: 1.5 acres, 175 graves as of February 1999.  Deeded to Blachill Baptist Church in 1892.  After the church became defunct, became a community cemetery operated by trustees.


 

Blank #1
 

Location: In far north Bexar County on Cemetery Hill, a parcel of land that ended up between old Dietz-Elkhorn Road and new Dietz-Elkhord Road when the road was widened east of Fredericksburg.
Map: Mapsco 413-A8
GPS: N29
°43.890  W098°39.976
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries Vol 1 (1999)
Notes: A number of graves but only onw with a readable stone: Arno Blank – Jan. 22, 1923-Sept. 29, 1923


 

Blank #2 (?)
 

 
Location: on old Blank farm, N of Dietz-Elkhorn Rd, E of I-10 (?)
Published: Gone But Not Forgotten-2:56 (1985)
Notes: 1 grave w/marker: Eddie Blank 1891-1926
 

Bluebonnet -- Est: by 1925
 

Location: 1 mile W of Somerset; N side 2790, just west of Bexar Cemetery
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries, Vol 1 (1999)
Map: Mapsco 746E2
GPS: N29
°13.44  W098°41.003
Notes: Established by the Rev. Mariano S. Tafolla, a pioneer in the  Spanish-speaking Church of God, on land purchased from the Somerset Baptist Church. 39 marked graves a/o March 1999; still active.


 

 Borrego – Est. by 1905
 

Location: 0/2 ,miles northeast of Old Corpus Christi Road on an unpaved road that begins on Corpus Christi Road opposite Streich Rd.
Map:Mapsco 719-C2

GPS
: N29 16990  W098 22.011
Published
: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4”.

Notes
: 82 graves w/markers a/o Ju;u 2005.

Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen
 

Location: In City Cemetery #4
 

Bruhn – Est by 1905
 

Location:.In Hills of Shaenfield Subdivision in the 9200 block of Dublin Heights, about 150 feet east of its intersection with Wild Horse Parkway.
Map: Mapsco 546-B6
GPS: N29°31.655  W098°42.697
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas-Vol. 4” (2007)
Notes: Only one gravestone found in 2005.

 

  Buchsenschutz – Est. by 1895
 

Location: About 250 feet NE of the cul-de-sac at the end of Briar West St. in the Village at Knoll Creek subdivision
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 518-6D
GPS: N29°34.755  W098°24,433
 Notes: On former farm of Georg Heinrich Buchsenschutz.  12 marked graves as of January 2005 
 

Bueche – Est. about 1850
 

Location: entrance on Crestway just east of Windvale in Windcrest
Map: Ferguson-553-A7
GPS: N29°31.271  W098°23.097
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, -Vol. 1” (1999)
Notes: Located on former ranch of Abraham L. Bueche. An active family cemetery now operated by a trustee who is a descendant of Bueche. 132 graves as of Oct. 1997, earliest marked grave 1892. Still active.


 

    Calavaras Lake Relocated Cemeteries -- earliest moved cemetery est. by 1874

Location: Adjacent to St. Anthony Catholic Church Cemetery; entrance on FM 327, just east of its intersection with Kilowatt Rd.
Map: Mapsco 720-B5
GPS: N29°15.529  W098°19.737
Published:
Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4

Notes
: Established when CPS purchased land from the Catholic Archdiocese of San Antonio for relocation of bodies buried in several cemeteries in areas to be flooded by Lake Calavaras.  The cemetery is still active.  About 180 legible marked graves as of November 2005, earliest dated 1874.

 

Calvary – Est. 1929
 

Location: 631 Yucca St.?
Maps: SDHPT-M; F-617F7
Notes: Is apparently the cemetery purchased in 1929 by the Sisters of the Holy Spirit and Mary Immaculate.   Thomas Connolly, who fought in the Battle of the Little Big Horn under Maj. Marcus Reno is believed to have been buried there (San Antonio Express News 10/30/90). 0.1722 acres according to the BCAD
 

  Caballeros de America  -- See Order Caballeros de America
 

 

Cantu (@Community) -- Est. by 1875 
 

Location: on Loop 107, off Hwy 87 E of China Grove, just east of Mack Cantu’s residence.
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries, Vol 1 (1999)
Map: Mapsco 655-D5
GPS: N29°22.233  W098°15.758
Notes: Abt 150 graves, only 46 w/markers a/o June 1995. African-American; 0.68 acres according to the Bexar County Appraisal District.
 


 

Cantu
 

Location: 9635 Cemetery (BCAD)
Owner: Ruben Cantu, 9635 Espada Rd., SA 78214-3622
Map: F-683D4 (same quadrant as Espada Cemetery)
Notes: 0.306 acres (BCAD)
 

Cardi Marian -- See Cordi-Marian Sisters

Carmen – See Villa del Carmen

Cardenas – Est. by 1922
 

Location: Next to Morales Cemetery in a complex of seven cemeteries bounded by Adkins Elmendorf Rd and Hwy. 181.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 720-C3
GPS: N29°16.370  W098°19.169
Notes: 8 marked graves as of March 2005
 

  Carranza – Est. by 1916
 

Location: Adjacent to Cardenas Cemetery in a complex of seven cemeteries bounded by Adkins Elmendorf Rd and Hwy. 181.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 720-C3
GPS: N29°16.366  W098°19.174
Notes: 10 marked graves as of March 2005
 

  Carson Lodge
 

Location: in City Cemetery #3
 

  Cassanova, A. – Est. by 1904
 

Location: Northwest of M.B. Morales Cemetery in a complex of seven cemeteries bounded by Adkins Elmendorf Rd and Hwy. 181.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: 720-C3
GPS: N29°16.395  W098°19.138
Notes: 39 marked graves as of March 2005

Castle Hills Elementary School -- see Anderlitch

Cemeterio del Carmen - see Villa del Carmen
 

Cepeda/Zepeda est: ? Location: In Helotes Springs Ranch subdivision off of Highway 16 (Bandera Road). To reach the
cemetery, turn onto Helotes Spring street. The cemetery is at the end of a lane on the right side of
Helotes Spring just past Cepeda Street.
Maps: Ferguson 511-A2;
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries, Vol 2 (2000)
Notes: 27 identifiable marked graves as of October 1999, the earliest dated 1895; some
unidentifiable graves.

Cepeda/Zepeda – Est. by 1895
 

Location: In Helotes Springs Ranch subdivision off of Highway 16 (Bandera Road). To reach the cemetery, turn onto Helotes Spring Street. The cemetery is a the end of a lane on the right side of helotes Spring just past Cepeda Street
Map: Mapsco 511-A2
GPS: N29°36.731 W098°45.610
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, -Vol. 2” (2000)

Notes: 27 marked graves as of October 1999, the earliest dated 1895. Also a number of unmarked graves.


 

Chapel Hill Memorial Park – Est early 1940s
 

Location: 7735 Gibbs Spraws Rd
Records: Office-(210) 655-6411
Maps: USGS-Shertz; SDHPT-I
Notes: First burial about 1946; many buried there.
 

Cholera Epidemic (?)
 

Location: E of Applewhite Rd, N of Medina River
Maps: SDHPT-P
 

City Cemetery #1 – Est. ?
 

Location: bounded by Paso Hondo, Palmetto, Commerce & Monumental
Records: city sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX-977-8532
Published: Our Heritage: Vol 12:4, 93, 57-63 (1971); Vol 13:23-29, 66-70 (1972); Vol 14:71-78 (1973);
Vol 15:123-127 (1974); Vol 18:74-79, 108-113, 164-169 (1977); Vol 19:166-168 (1978); Vol 20:26 (1978)
Notes: about 3,800 graves; oldest Eastside cemetery, earliest marker dated 1848 but probably was moved into cemetery.
 

City Cemetery #2 – Est: 1884
 

Location: bounded by Montana Palmetto & Commerce
Records: City sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX-977-8532
Notes: about 400 graves a/o 1989, earliest marker 1859
 

City Cemetery #3 – Est: 1889
 

Location: bounded by Montana, Palmetto, Wyoming & New Braunfels
Records: City sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX-977-8532
Notes: about 1,350 graves a/o 1989, earliest 1870
 

City Cemetery #4
 

Location: E end of block bnded by Commerce, Paso Honda, Palmetto, N Braunfels
Records: City sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX-977-8532
Notes: about 900 graves w/markers a/o 1989, earliest 1885
 

  City Cemetery #5
 

Location: In the east end of the block bounded by South Monumental, Center, North Palmetto & Paso Hondo; entrance is on Paso Hondo
Map:  Mapsco 617-BC5

GPS
:  N29°25.277  W098°27.961
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4”.
Notes: about 125 graves w/markers a/o February 2006, earliest 1860

City Cemetery #6
 

Location: W end of block bounded by Commerce, Palmetto, Paso Hondo & New Braunfels
Records: City sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX-977-8532
 

City Cemetery #7 (St. Gerard's)
 

Location: NW corner of block bounded by Nevada, New Braunfels & St. Anthony
Records: City sexton records, San Antonio Parks Dept. – FAX (210) 8532
 

  Classen – Est. by 1909
 

Location: North of clubhouse buildings of Canyon Springs Golf Course, located at the end of Wilderness Oak in The Trails at Canyon Springs Subdivision
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 483-B1
GPS: N29°40.277  W098°28.218
Notes: Two graves enclosed in an iron fence as of July 2005
 

   Coker – Est. by 1857
 

Location: West of Coker United Methodist Church, 231 E North Loop Rd
Map:  Mapsco 550-E2

GPS
:  N29°33.374  W098°29.559
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4
Notes: About 540  marked graves a/o January 2006.  3.5 acres land deeded for the cemetery by John Coker, who later deeded land for Coker Methodist Church on adjacent land. They are not connected. Only descendants of John Coker can be buried in the cemetery, which is private. There are two historical markers, one for John Coker and one for Jeff Smith. In excellent shape in 2006.

Colorado - see San Patricio

Colored People’s Cemetery -- est 1893
 

Location: “Eastside Cemetery Complex,” on S. New Braunfels, just south of the Odd Fellows Cemetery in the block containing City Cemetery #3 and bounded by S. New Braunfels, Wyoming, Palmetto and Montana.
Published: Six Historical “Colored People’s” Cemeteries
Notes:  Established by San Antonio Lodge #1 AF&AM; burial place for African-Americans.
 

Community -- see Cantu Cemetery

Confederate -- est: 1885
 

Location: in City Cemetery #4
Published: Barbara J. and Gerard P. Goudeau (San Antonio Public Library has a copy)
Notes: abt 700 graves w/markers, earliest 1868; about 135 unmarked burials
 

Cordi Marian Sisters -- est:
 

Location: 0 FM 471 (BCAD)
Contact/Records: Provincial Office, Culebra Road, 688-3099
Map: SDHPT-G; F-577E3
Notes: 1.35 acres (BCAD)
 

Countryside Memorial Park -- est:
 

Location: 821 E. Quincey
Records/Contact: No telephone listed
Maps: SDHPT-L*
 

  Cover
 

Location:  11210 Stuart Road, SW corner New Sulphur Springs Rd & Knowlton (Stuart) Rd
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 2 (2000)
Map:654-F8
GPS: N29°20.907  W098°17.776
Contact: Operated by a Cemetery Association; as of November 2005, contact person was Ruth Crow, Mail Box 2, 9131 New Sulphur Springs Road, San Antonio, TX 78263.
 Notes: About 200 graves w/markers, well maintained as of 2005.  Began as a family cemetery but as of 2004 accepts burials of other people in the community.
 

Davenport – Est. by 1867
 

Location: 16589 Nacogdoches Rd., near the SW corner of Nacogdoches (FM-2252) & Evans Rds.
Map: Mapsco 520-B3
GPS: N29°36.218  W098°19.616
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries-Vol. 1 (1999)
Notes: On what was once the ranch of William E. Davenport. 13 graves w/markers a/o 1998. 1.062 acres (BCAD).

 

Deats – Est. by 1895
 

Location: Located on Cemetery Hill adjacent to Blank #1 Cemetery
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries-Vol 1 (1999)
Maps: SDHPT-A; Ferguson 412F8
Notes: A number of graves, but only four w/legible stones
 

Del Carmel/Carmen -- See El Carmen Catholic Cemetery

   Delgado – Est. by 1913

Location: On Cassiano Road, about 0.4 of a mile south of Cassiano’s intersection with Foster Road.
Map:  Mapsco 685-E6
GPS:  N29°18.397  W098°21.270
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4
Notes: 125 marked graves a/o February 2006.

  Delgado – Est. by 1928
 

Location: At the end of a lane that begins on Henze Road southeast of the house at 15094 Henze.
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 718-D3
GPS: N29°16.231  W098°24.567
 Notes: 24 marked graves as of May 2005 
 

  DeWees (?)
 

Location: ???
 

  Dignowity – Est. by 1871
 

Location: West half of block bounded by Monumental, East Crockett, Palmetto & Potomac
Map:  Mapsco 617-B6
GPS:  N29°25.395  W098°28.053
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4”.
Notes: About 482 graves w/markers a/o January 2006.  Began life as a private cemetery; designated a city cemetery 27 Mar 1947; Resolution-4865

  Dullnig – Est. by 1877
 

Location: East end of block bounded by South Monumental, Center, North Palmetto and Paso Hondo Streets.  It is carved out of the west end of St. Michael’s Cemetery; its entrance is on Center Street
Map:  Mapsco 617-C2

GPS
:  N29°25.319  W098°27.953
Published
: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4

Notes
: About 30 marked graves as of February 2006

Early, Robert D. (?)
 

Location: 1701 Austin Hwy. ???
 

East Central (??)

Eastlake (?)

Location: S Flores Rd off 1604-S, near Priest Rd ???
 

Eastview

Location: 3530 Roland (Southern Memorial Parks)
Records/Contact: (210) 333-7071
Maps: SDHPT-M; F-652B2
Notes: 15 acres according to BCAD
 

Eastwood (?)
 

Location: E of 410-E & S of 1346 ???
 

Eden Home for the Aged – See the Protestant/Evangelical Home for the Aged

 

El Carmen Catholic Cemetery – Est 1813
 
Location: 18555 Leal Rd, San Antonio, Texas at Martinez Losoya Rd
Contact: office (210) 626-2333 ext. 102;
Published: Burial records 1856-1925 translated and transcribed 1 July 1982 by John O. Leal (copy at San Antonio Public Library. Burial records & cemetery survey (1856-1900) published Los Bexananos-Vol 327, 151 (1986). Updated in 1998 by Fred Martinez, 7422 Castle Crown, SA TX 78218
Maps: SDHPT-P
Notes: originally Villa de Medina, changed to Villa de Carmen, then Losoya, now the area is known as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church. Established as burial place for the Spanish soldiers killed in the Battle of Medina (Aug. 18, 1813) Buried here are Tejano patriots of the Texas revolution such as Domingo Losoya and Emrique Esparza as well as many early San Antonio residents.
 



Elmendorf (@Elmendorf City) -- est:

Location: Elmendorf (in Bexar County??)
 

El Monte de las Cruces – See Monte de las Cruces

Emmanuel Lutheran (German) – Est: by 1892

Location: W half of block bounded by St. Anthony, Wyoming, N Braunfels & Dakota
Records: St. John's Lutheran Church-(210) 223-2611
Published: printout of computerized interment records at San Antonio Public Library
Notes: combined with St. John's Lutheran Church Cemetery in 1926
 

Engleman – Est by 1889
 

Location: Across from the Selma water tower between Alton and Woodcliff.
Map: Mapsco 520-A7
GPS: N29°34.700  W098°19.896
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries, Vol 2 (2000)
Notes: 22 marked graves as of Jan 1999,earliest marked grave 1889


 

Espada – Est. by 1882
 

Location: At the end of Cemetery Road west of Espada Mission
Map: Mapsco 683-D4
GPS: N29°19.127  W098°27.372
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, -Vol. 6” (2009)
Notes: Although known as Espada Cemetery, this cemetery has no connection with Espada Mission.  It appears to be the 2.26-acre cemetery located at 0 Cemetery Road that is owned by Juan P. and Otillia D. Herrera, according to the Bexar County Appraisal District.  About 400 graves, many of them unmarked.  The earliest grave found is dated 1882.


 

Esparza – Is this the Rodriguez-Esparza Cemetery in Atacosa County??

Evangelical Home for the Aged – See the Protestant/Evangelical Home for the Aged.

 

Evers-Brendele – Est. 1877

Location: In Leon Valley on Forest Pine 0.1 of a mile northeast of Forest Pine’s intersection with Evers Rd
Map: Mapsco 580-B2
GPS: N29°30.099  W098°27.36.687
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries-Vol 1 (1999)
Notes: Historical marker, one-acre cemetery established by Claus H. & Johanna H. (Bocken) Evers.   49 graves a/o July 1997; earliest marked grave 1882. 0.5 acres (BCAD)

Fentress (?)

First Memorial Park Inc. – Est. 1974

Location: 20355 Hwy 16-S, 1.2 miles south of 1604
Records/Contact: Office on premises-(210) 624-2840
Maps: SDHPT-P
Notes: About 1,500 people buried there as of 24 July 1997
 

Fischer – See Williams graves

Flores, Juan (?)
 

Location: Southton & Donop Rd, south of Braunig Lake ???
 

Flores, R.G. – Est. by 1896
 

Location: On Kilowatt Rd., about 0.8 of a mile from Kilowatt’s intersection with Highway 181
Published: Cemeteries of Bexar County, Vol. 3 (2006)
Map: Mapsco 720 B/C4
GPS: N29°15.881  W098°19.607
Notes: 141 marked graves as of January 2005

 Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery
 

Location: 1520 Harry Wurzbach, S.A.
Records: (210) 820-3891
Maps: SDHPT-I
 

Founders Garden -- See Meadowlawn Memorial Park

 

Fromme – Est. by 1923
 

Location: In Country Bend subdivision in the side yard of the house at 27236 Boerne Glen.
Map: Mapsco 446-E4
GPS: N29°42.438  W098°40,429
Published: Bexar County Cemeteries-Vol 1 (1999)
Notes: once on the Fromme family farm; two graves

  Funari – Est by 1935
 

Location:.North of Grey Forest, immediately north of the cul de sac where School House St. ends west of its intersection with Central Prairie St.
Map: Mapsco 478-F4
GPS: N29°39.287  W098°40.462
Published: “Cemeteries of Bexar County, Texas, Vol. 4”.
Notes: Seven legible marked graves, several unreadable.

View the Bexar County Cemeteries by Name:    A - F   G - M   N - Z

       

 

Best Viewed with IE6+ at 1024 x 768    San Antonio Genealogical and Historical Society    PO Box 790087 San Antonio TX 78279-0087
Telephone:   210-342-5242   Email: 
saghs@sbcglobal.net