Burke Cemetery

Fort Worth, Texas

Photos contributed by Rob Yoder



The first known burial in this graveyard was that of Mary (Overton) Burke, widow of Evan H. Burke, who came in 1851 with her children and widowed mother to settle this land previously chosen by her husband. Her death on Dec. 30, 1867, was followed two days later by that of her mother, Rachel (Cameron) Overton. On March 12, 1900, this one-half acre of land was deeded as a family burial ground. Relatives of the Burkes include members of the Magers, Overton, and Edwards families. More than 100 marked and several unmarked graves have been recorded here. 1984






Loose stones piled in the southwest corner.



Go Back

Tarrant County, TXGenWeb
Copyright © 2003, All rights reserved

This page last modified on 12 Apr 2003.