The Tarrant County Courthouse

Fort Worth, Texas

 

Tarrant County Court House, 1876-1887

  

This image is from "A Pictorial History of Texas" by Rev. Homer S. Thrall, published 1879. This book is found reproduced in its entirity on the website, The Portal to Texas History, hosted by the University of North Texas Libraries.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/permalink/meta-pth-5828

 

View of the Tarrant County Courthouse in 1883 showing a third floor that was added in 1882.

View of the current building, shown after completion in 1895.

 

Tarrant County Court House - Postcard postmarked 1908

 

Tarrant County Court House - 1914 (postcard)

 

21 March 2009 - 6:24 am
Photo by Rob G. Yoder

Click here for larger image.

  

21 March 2009 - 7:39 am
Photo by Rob G. Yoder

Click here for larger image.

 

Clock Tower closeup
Photo by Rob G. Yoder

Click here for larger image.

 

Detail Work
Photo by Rob G. Yoder

Click here for larger image.

 

Go Back
 

Tarrant County TXGenWeb
Copyright © 2006, 2009. All rights reserved

This page last modified on 21 Mar 2009