Everman Cemetery

Everman, Texas


Photos by Rob Yoder - 1999

Everman Cemetery is located on Enon Road about 1/4 mile east of its intersection with Forest Hill Drive. The city of Everman is a suburb of Fort Worth on its southeast side. The cemetery is still in use.

In Appreciation & Recognition of
Administratrix of the Everman Cemetery
1958 - 1981
Whose leadership & vision
established the perpetual care fund for
this community cemetery, founded in 1882.
Other dedicated administrators:

Jesse R. Chambers
C. Floyd Chambers
Charles R. Chambers
1882 - 1950
1950 - 1958


Settlement of this area, first called Enon, began about 1847. After the railroad was built in 1903, the townspeople relocated to be near the rail line and renamed their community Everman for a railroad official. This cemetery was established in 1882 by R.E. Morris, whose wife, Rosa (Josie) Vaughn died on May 16 and was interred on the family farm. Called the Morris Graveyard for many years, the cemetery was eventually renamed to reflect its use as a community burial ground. The original Morris Graveyard portion is in the southwest section of the cemetery.

The following 3 stones lie side-by-side.

The pieces of this stone were encased in concrete to prevent further damage.

Closeup of stone on left.


Go Back

Tarrant County, TXGenWeb
Copyright © 1999, All rights reserved

This page last modified on 30 Sep 1999.