Forest Hill Cemetery

Forest Hill, Texas


Photos by Rob Yoder - 1999

Forest Hill Cemetery is located behind the Forest Hill Presbyterian Church, 5713 Forest Hill Drive. The city of Forest Hill is a suburb of Fort Worth on its southeast side. This cemetery is fenced and the gate is locked.


One of oldest burial grounds in Tarrant County: Named for its location and used for many years before record-keeping began. In 1883 landowner J. W. Chapman deeded the property to Forest Hill Cumberland Presbyterian Church. ("Cumberland" was later dropped from the name.) Among the many interments of pioneers were Press and Jane Farmer, who lived at site of Fort Worth before the U.S. Army established the fort in 1849. The cemetery is full although few headstones are visible, as most graves were unmarked or marked with field stones that have since disappeared.


Go Back

Tarrant County, TXGenWeb
Copyright © 1999, All rights reserved

This page last modified on 30 Sep 1999.