VAN ZANDT COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
Sometime around 1890, the Alamo Institute was established by James F. Davidson. It was operated by a Board of Directors and mangaed by a competent Faculty. Located at Ben Wheeler, Texas, on what became the Ben Wheeler School grounds in later days. However, it was situated close to what we know now as FM Rd. 858 instead of back where a two-story wood frame school building would be built later. Most of the information included on this webpage comes from a copy of an old Alamo Institute brochure 1894-95. For an unbound copy of this brochure, send $5 to the Van Zandt County Genealogical Society, Attention: Research Librarian, P.O. Box 1388, Canton, Texas. The fee will cover copying and postage.
Alamo Institute at Ben Wheeler ca 1912 Submitted by Joan Driver of Van Back to the Alamo Institute Home Page Back to the Genealogical Society Home Page You're the 1720person to visit this page.
This page last updated 18 May 2007
Van Zandt County Genealogical Society Website maintained by