Young County TXGenWeb
Anadarko Bend Community
|Anadarko Bend Community [later called Salem Bend Community] was located about eight miles southeast of Graham off Highway 16. It was a cluster of farms located on a bend of the Brazos River north of the Gooseneck community. For a time it had a Methodist church and a 28 student community school [which consolidated into the Graham schools by the 1930s]. The school was located 172 varas west of the southeast corner of the J.A. Jowell Survey, A-1330.
Anadarko Bend was named for the Anadarko Indians who were located here during the Lower Brazos River Indian Reservation era from 1854-1859. Caddo Anadarko Spring or Indian Spring can still be seen near the Brazos River.
Today nothing remains of this community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub