Young County TXGenWeb
|The Oakland Community or Blount Community was a group of farm houses located eight miles east of Graham and north of the old Graham-Jacksboro Road.
On July 31, 1888 E. J. Robertson gave land located at the northwest corner of the southeast quarter of the J. Poitevent Survey, Abstract No. 233 for a school.
Today nothing remains of this community.
submitted by Dorman Holub