Young County TXGenWeb
|Bullock, a settlement around a railroad switch station on the Wichita Falls & Southern Railway, on Farm Road 61 about five miles northwest of Graham.
The school and railroad switch were named for John Crittendon Bullock, on whose ranch the station was built.
During the 1930's the settlement supported a school located near the center of the Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey, A-1231, near the Jimmy Wray homestead.
In 1940, the school consolidated with the Newcastle school system. The switch disappeared when the railroad was discontinued.
submitted by: Dorman Holub