Young County TXGenWeb
|Carbondale was located in southwest Young County, on Fish Creek, southeast of Murray and northwest of Eliasville.
A post office was established in this community by June 1888 by John P. Dent for only three years when it was discontinued in December 1891.
Young County records seem to indiciate that by 1891, as the community began to decline, a church was established by Rev. J.C. Walch on nearby Gage Creek, known as the Gage Creek Baptist church. It seems that many of the residents left Carbondale for this new location. By 1894, the community of Carbondale was in ruins.
Families who lived in the area were John P. Dent, Lucius W. Wade, Alexander Stover, W.H. Slack, W.J. Hughes, Joe Thomas, G.O. Wood, and J.C. Jones.
No traces of this community can be found.
submitted by: Dorman Holub