Young County TXGenWeb
Cluskey/McCluskey City Community
|Cluskey City was one of a number of small communities that grew-up from the oil boom of the 1920's. Cluskey City was an oil boom town located east of Farm Road 701 on the South Bend-Eliasville road, one mile east of Harding City and one mile west of South Bend in southern Young County, near the E.N. McCluskey ranch house.
During its existence, it had a service station with a small store.
Within two weeks after McCluskey City was founded its population grew to over 500, a year later McCluskey City was being plowed under for winter wheat.
submitted by: Dorman Holub