Young County TXGenWeb
Flat Top Community
|The Flat Top community was a cluster of farm houses located southwest of Loving near Flat Top mountain.
The 22 student one-room school was operated in this community from 1880 until 1884. School trustees included: G.T. Brown, Absalom Looney, W.C. Blakley, R.M. Richardson and S.J. Hawkins.
Young County records show that Lizzy Clark was the teacher during the school's existence.
Nothing remains of the community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub