Young County TXGenWeb
|The Hunt Community was located seven miles southeast of Olney.
It was named for P.B. Hunt, who gave land for a two teacher, two-room school which later consolidated into the Olney schools. There were two school locations at different times. The first school was located in the southeast corner of the Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey, Abstract No. 1367. The second school was located near the northeast corner of the T, E & L Company Survey #215.
Nothing remains of the community today.
submitted by: Dorman Holub