Young County TXGenWeb
Lone Star Community
|Lone Star was one of a number of small communities that grew-up from the oil boom of the 1920's. It was located between the two bridges on the Clear Fork Branch of the Brazos River, between South Bend and Eliasville, four miles west of South Bend. In the early 1920's it had several businesses and a school which closed in 1925.
There two school locations at Lone Star. The first school was located on the E.D. Rhaton Survey, A-243. The second on the James Bolton Survey, Abstract No. 12, about 300 yards southwest of the S & S ranch house.
Nothing remains of this community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub