Young County TXGenWeb
|The Mayes Community was a group of farms three miles east of Murray located near the North Fork of Fish Creek. There were two one-room schools in that area.
The first school was located near the south central part of the Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey, Abstract No. 1229. The final school was about five miles east-northeast of Murray, on the south side of the Murray-Graham Hwy in the Allen Hines Survey, Abstract No. 135, about one mile east of the Craig Ranch Home.
Nothing remains of this community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub