Young County TXGenWeb
Medlan's Chapel Community
|Medlan's Chapel is located 8 miles south southwest of Graham on Medlan's Chapel Road off Highway 67.
The church builidng was built of native sandstone quarried one mile from the site, with lime rock burned for mortar. The original pews were hauled by ox wagon from Sherman, Texas, but have since been replaced.
The Chapel was one of the earliest houses of worship in Young County and is the oldest church building in the county.
The church building and land were donated by Archibald B. and Betty Medlan in 1888 to be a Primitive Baptist Church. Weekly worship services are still held. The Medlan cemetery is located nearby.
submitted by: Dorman Holub