Young County TXGenWeb
|The Monument Community was located in northeast Young County, twelve miles northeast of Graham, about 5 miles southeast of Loving, just east of Red Top.
This community took its name from the monument that had been erected to honor the men who were killed in the massacre of Warren's Wagon Train in 1871.
The school was a large two room school with a pot-bellied stove. The school was consolidated with the Loving school. The school was located in the northeast corner of the Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey #1989.
Nothing remains of this community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub