Young County TXGenWeb
Mountain Home Community
|Mountain Home community is located 12 miles south of Graham and five miles southeast of Bunger located off Highway 1287.
Dr. F. McClendon came to Texas from Tennessee in 1870 to the area known as Mountain Home. He donated land for the cemetery located near the community. Dr. McClendon and his family lived in a log cabin near the cemetery and the log cabin was still standing until a few years ago.
In the early days of the Mountain Home community, county records show there was a one-room school house which later consolidated with the Bunger schools. Families moved away and the community was discontinued.
The cemetery is all that remains of the community.
submitted by: Dorman Holub