Young County TXGenWeb
Red Top Community Community
|The Red Top community was nine miles north of Graham on FM 2652. There is a red hill on the Rutherford family land which gave the town's name, "Red Top."
Young County records show that the community had a school and a Missionary Baptist church by 1901. The first school site is the northeast corner of Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey No. 644. The second school site is the northeast corner of Texas Emigration & Land Company Survey No. 488. The last site is out of near the west boundary line of the J.P. Scott Survey, Abstract No. 257, and a short distance north of the Red Top cemetery.
The Missionary Baptist church was torn down, but the cemetery and the last school still remain at Red Top.
Nothing remains of the community today.
submitted by: Dorman Holub