Henry Chapel School
Miss Nelle S. Claggett, Teacher.
|The Henry Chapel school opened 16 November 1914, with an enrollment of 38 pupils, in one of the nicest new one teacher schools in the state.
All equipment, except the desk and erasers were new, also the teacher, who is delighted to find such progressive co-operative patrons. The school has been carefully graded, according to the State Course of Study and is now composed of six grades, having the 6th grade omitted; the 7th grade being the highest.
A great spirit of civic pride exists among the pupils, for the building, and a mark of defacement made by one of them, is yet to be seen.
Every child in school owns a tooth brush, and the teeth are brushed and the finger nails are carefully cleaned daily.
The "Henry Chapel Baseball Nine" was organized the first week of school, membership on the team being held only by "Honor Roll" work and deportment. Paul McLaren was elected Captain, Avery Crow first Umpire and Archie Ratcliffe second Umpire. A nice outfit, consisting of one mask, two league balls, two bats and nine mitts was secured by contributions from the team and friends of the school.
Daily attendance is good but punctuality lacking. To be on the Honor Roll, a pupil's deportment must be excellent, his grades must not fall before 90, and he must be neither absent or tardy during the month.
The following names are Honor Roll pupils for November and December: