- Research Tools
Use these research tools to help you
translate Russian vital records. See
examples of columnar Russian birth
and death records.
Available Through the LDS Library
- Records for
A guide to the types of records for
Chernigov that are held at
the LDS Library.
- Census and
on the content of the original bibliographic records,
this page organizes selected
Chernigov taxation records by
location (uyezd), by date, and by
- Records organized by uezds of Chernigov guberniya
These include links to Jewish records in 15 uezds.
Based on the content of the original bibliographic record,
organizes the records by town,
by date, and by type the records for
births, marriages, deaths and
divorces in the Jewish communities
of Chernigov guberniya.
Records available on this site
• Index to Jewish Marriages Recorded in the City of Chernigov 1877, 1879, 1882, 1883, 1885, 1886, and 1895 created by Herbert Lazerow
• Surnames and date of death of people buried in the Glukhov cemetery
• Novogorod Seversk uyesd Jewish residents
• Tombstones from Jewish communties in the Chernigov Oblast and their translations in alphabetical order by last name
Mena Tombstones and Translations (75)
Sosnitsa Tombstones and Translations (20)
Bakhmach Tombstones and Translations (39)
Horodnya Tombstones and Translations (104)
Ichnya Tombstones and Translations (5)
Korop Tombstones and Translations (24)
Oster Tombstones and Translations (241)
Nizhyn Tombstones and Translations (329)
Shchors Tombstones and Translations (360)
Records available on the internet
On the web site Bringing Ancestors Home, many old records have been described and some have been indexed. Click keywords on the home page. Useful links include Chernigov gubernia, Poltava gubernia, Birth records, Death records, Jewish, Jews.
(To translate the pages from Russian, try http://translate.google.com/ or use Google Chrome as your browser, for it will translate automatically.)
updated January 2015