Southern New England

       Irish      

Home ] Up ] Families ] Miscellany ] Obituaries ] Records ] Site Map & Index ]

 

Cumberland, RI

Valley Falls High School on Broad St., in the village of Valley Falls in Cumberland.  - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

 

These are two views of the Lonsdale Mills in the village of Lonsdale in Cumberland. The mill was on the Cumberland side of the Blackstone River. The mill became the Ann & Hope Store around 1953. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

 

St. Patrick's Church on Broad Street in Valley Falls.  In 1859 the church was constructed as a mission chapel of St. Mary's Parish in Pawtucket. It became an independent parish in 1861 and remains so to this day. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

 

The parochial school and convent that was staffed by the Sisters of Mercy. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

 

This is another view of St. Patrick's School on Broad Street in Valley Falls. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

The Catholic Institute Building was on Broad Street in Valley Falls. It was the social center of St. Patrick's Parish and was destroyed by fire in the 1930s. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

This is a view of the Valley Falls Railroad Station. - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

St. Joseph's Catholic Church on Mendon Road in the Ashton section of Cumberland - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

The Primitive Methodist Church on Broad Street in East Lonsdale - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho

The Presbyterian Church and Blackstone Public School on Broad Street  in East Lonsdale - Courtesy of Marcia Carr Carvalho