John J. Cummings, born 1859 in
Providence RI, son of Michael & Bridget E. (Doyle) Cummings. His
father was probably born in Stockport, England, but the family was
from Strokestown, Co. Roscommon, Ireland. Michael moved his family
from Providence to Fall River in the 1870s. John married Bridget
Clifford in 1881. John worked for several years as a clerk for the Old
Colony Steamboat Company, and then for 25 years as an inspector for
the Fall River City Street Department.
Thomas F. Cummings and his wife Catherine J.
(Sullivan), taken about 1943. Thomas (1890-1971) was the son of John
J. and Bridget (Clifford) Cummings.
left: Catherine J. (Sullivan) Cummings,
baby Robert Cummings, right: Adeline (Cummings) Falvey.
Taken in 1939 at Jackson St., Fall River.