Tooele, Tooele County Utah
Tooele Utah was settled in 1849, incorporated 20 Jan 1853, and named county seat 18 Jan 1861.
Transcribed by Jennifer Banks
- 1867-June 1930 Record of Tooele City Cemetery, Family History Library film no. 1036712 1849-1867
- Burial list from the Early History of Tooele City by John Alexander Bevan
- Historical Note:
- The names of those buried in the Old Pioneer Cemetery from 1849 to 1867 and whose bodies were not removed to the New Cemetery.
- Additional information
- Those names preceded by the * symbol have had additional information submitted to me. That information appears beneath the name.
- Mr. Custer, who was shot by an Indian.
- Grandpa Lee, who made the first household furniture that was made in Tooele
- William B Adams, the first school teacher, died with diabetis.
- * Adam Smith and his wife Martha Brown Smith, died October 1857.
* The Adam Smith and his wife Martha in your listing of the Tooele Pioneer Cemetery are: Adam Willey Smith Born: 11 Jan 1798, Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland Died: 21 Jan 1863, Tooele, Tooele, UT Buried: Tooele's First Cemetery, Tooele, UT M: 26 Nov 1819, Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland Martha Browning Born: 11 Nov 1800, Tarbolton, Ayershire, Scotland Died: 2 Feb 1865, Tooele, Tooele, UT Buried: Tooele's First Cemetery, Tooele, UT From: FamilySearch ancestral file and Tooele County History Book, by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Submitted by: Susan Burns Smith
- Thomas Chamberlane
- James Nix and his wife Sarah Early Nix
- Sarah Ann Orme Nix, with twin babies.
- Mrs. Wales Nix
- Agnes McIntyre Marshal, wife of George Marshal and daughter of Peter McIntyre.
- Peter Maughn
- Mary Tuttle, mother of Norton R Tuttle.
- a boy by the name of Dispane
- Mary Agnes Utly, accidentally shot.
- * James F. Bevan, child of James Bevan.
*The James Franklin Bevan listed is my great-grand uncle. He died as a baby. He was born 7 Jun 1858, in Tooele, Tooele, UT, and died 7 May 1859 at Tooele, Tooele Co, Utah. He was the son of James Bevan and his first wife Mary C. Sheilds Bevan. Submitted by: Dixie Moch
- * Elizabeth Bevan, child of James Bevan.
* The Elizabeth Bevan listed is my great-grand aunt. She died as a baby. She was born 2 Nov 1856 in Tooele, Tooele, UT, and died Sep. 1859 at Tooele, Tooele Co, UT. She was the daughter of James Bevan and his first wife Mary C. Sheilds Bevan.
- * Hugh Bevan, child of James Bevan Submitted by: Dixie Moch
* Hugh Bevan died as a baby. He was born 20 Jan 1866, in Tooele, Tooele, UT and died 1 Feb 1866. He was the son of James Bevan and his second wife Isabell Mc Phearson. Submitted by: Dixie Moch
- Agnes Speirs, daughter of George Speirs.
- Emma Green
- Ann Gowans
- a child of Robert McKendrick
- Disrias Pratt, son of Apostle Orson Pratt
- Rachel Kelsey, daughter of Eli B Kelsey.
- Lancing Bates, son of a deaf and dumb man.
- Agnes Clegg, daughter of Benjamin Clegg.
- Susanah Kelsey
- Clara Ide
- Samuel Shambip Stookey, son of Enos Stookey (from Shambip (Rush Valley)); Shambip is the Indian name of Rush)
- Christine Smith
- Julia Edwards
- Mildred Edwards
- Sophia Pherson
- John T Baker
- Peter Stewart
- Mary Ann Charles (from Rush Valley)
- David Charles (from Rush Valley)
- * Mr. Nelson [Lars Nelson]
* Mr Nelson, this man was scalded to death. He was working for Eli B Kelsey and in the night fell into a vat of hot mash and was so badly burned that he died in a few days. He left a wife and three children, two boys and a girl. He was a native of Sweden and about 35 years old. A very fine looking man. Additional information. "Mr Nelson" that was scalded to death was named Lars Nelson. One of his wives was named Maria. She and son Theodore are buried in the Hyattville, Wyoming Cemetery. Marie remarried to Abel Parker and died in about 1910. Theodore in about 1923. Submitted by: Joe Nelson
Copyright © 2015 Tooele Co. UTGenWeb