Watson

Watson was built in 1911 and was named for Wallace Watson, the engineer in charge of the surveying for the Uintah railroad. He located and constructed the railroad from Dragon to Rainbow.

The families first located here were: W.A. Banks, Walter Savage, Dan Carpenter, Byron Thomas, Mrs. Joseph Gurr, who had built the first boarding house and hotel. Henry Lee operated the store. Charlie Davis was manager of the store for Mr. Lee. E.E. Heaton was also employed there.

-From the "Builders of Uintah", courtesy of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers

 

Last Updated: 06.16.2015