Home ] Up ] [ Patents W-X-Y-Z ] Patents T-U-V ] Patents S ] Patents R ] Patents P ] Patents M-N-O ] Patents I-J-K-L ] Patents G-H ] Patents D-E-F ] Patents C ] Patents B ] Patents A ]

 

Land Patents 1628 ~ 1849
~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z ~

The source address [source] is no longer good.  

The Library of Virginia has implemented a new, enhanced catalog system.
Virginia Land Office Patents and Grants/Northern Neck Grants and Surveys

REF NAME DATE DESCRIPTION
[source] Walker, Thomas, Maj 26 February 1665. 2350 acres called Mattopony Fort. Beginning at a small run called Potataneno.
[source] Waller, John 20 February 1667. 126 acres adjoining his own and Edward Teales land.
[source] Walter, John 10 April 1677. 423 acres in Ware Parish. Beginning &c., of Mr. Taliafro's land, running &c., along Wm. Peach's land.
[source] Ware, Parish 28 April 1800. 352 acres.
[source] Wareing, Henry 28 April 1691. 152 acres adjoining the land of Edmond Roberts and Charles Joanes.
[source] Warner, Augustine 1642 600 acres lying and being in Severne in the first river in Mockjack Bay... called Austins Desire
[source] Warner, Augustine, Capt 11 February 1657. 348 acres part of the land lying on the head of a branch that issueth out of Pyanketank River. The residue upon the head of Severn in Mockjack Bay.
[source] Warner, Augustine, Col 20 January 1666. 1224 acres in Abington Parish. Beginning at the mouth of a small gutt on the N: E: side of a peninsula, then &c., to Christopher Robins marked gums.
[source] Washington, John, Jr 28 April 1711. 56 1/2 acres.
[source] Waters, John 1 May 1679. 500 acres beginning &c., in Col. Dudleys line being a corner tree of the said waters former dividend.
[source] Waters, John 26 September 1678. 140 acres adjoining the land of Wm. Elliott, Col. Dudley and Richard Longest.
[source] Watters, John 24 April 1700. 38 acres on the south side of Piscattaway Creek opposite to a piece of land sold to the sd. Waters by Capt. John Smith of Gloucester Co.
[source] Wells, Susanna 11 March 1675/1676. 57 acres adjoining land of John Wells, dec'd., which said land was formerly surveyed by John Lewis, surveyor, at the instance and for the use of Edward Wells, father &c.
[source] West, John, Capt 27 May 1654. 1000 acres on the No. Et. side of Mattapony River, adjoining the land of Ralph Green.
[source] West, John, Col 2 June 1657. 1000 acres on the north east side of Mattapony River, adjoining Ralph Greens land "Renewed in Mr. Thomas Ramseys name, as signed to him by Captn. West, son of Col. West, March 18 1662".
[source] West, Toby 27 May 1654. 500 acres on the north east side of Mattapony River and ___ north side of Thomas Sanders' land.
[source] White, Peter 26 November 1679. 350 acres beginning &c., of Tho. Dawkins, near a branch, near Richd. Holloways plantation.
[source] White, William 7 January 1757. 125 acres escheat land from Henry Preston. Beginning &c., on the Wt. side of Hatters Creek.
[source] Whitehead, Richard 20 April 1685. 180 acres adjoining the land of -- Gill and Thomas Cheeseman.
[source] Whitehead, Richard 26 October 1699. 5000 acres in Pamunkey Neck. Beg.g &c. standing on the back of Mattapony River.
[source] Whiteing, Henry, Maj 22 December 1682. 2673 acres.
[source] Whiteing, Henry, Maj 30 November 1686. 280 acres upon the west No. west side of North River and betwixt the land of Edward Dauber and the said river.
[source] Whiteinge, Francis 31 August 1723. 98 acres escheat land. Adjoining the land of Timberlake, Henry Bray, dec'd., and Wm. Radford.
[source] Whiting, James 10 August 1643. 250 acres on the north side of Charles River, knowne by the name of Timber Neck Creeke.
[source] Whiting, Kemp 26 November 1756. 152 acres beginning &c., on the east side of Sluts Creek by the consent of Mr. Matthew Whiting, junr., who is owner to the land adjoining.
[source] Whiting, Peter B 28 April 1800. 352 acres.
[source] Whiting, Peter Beverly 20 March 1783. 388 acres beginning on Back Creek near the mouth.
[source] Wilchin, Richard 30 September 1654. 300 acres on the north west side of Poropotank Creek, adjoining the land of John Thomas.
[source] Williams, George 24 October 1701. 100 acres escheat land; late in the possession of John Frame, dec'd.
[source] Williams, John 29 April 1692. 410 acres near Poropotank Creek; on N. side of York River bounded on the lands of Roger Shakleford, John Major and John Levistone. This patt. does not recite in what county the land lies in; it may lie either in Gloster or King and Queen Counties; part of the land was formerly in New Kent County, "Of King and Queen County".
[source] Williams, John 29 April 1693. 410 acres near Poropotank Creek; on N. side of York River bounded on the lands of Roger Shakleford, John Major and John Levistone. This patt. does not recite in what county the land lies in; it may lie either in Gloster or King and Queen Counties; part of the land was formerly in New Kent County, "Of King and Queen County".
[source] Williams, Thomas 31 August 1643. 450 acres lying in Mockjack Bay beg.g &c that devides this land and the land of Thomas Ray.
[source] Willis, Francis, Col 11 July 1666. 100 acres on the south west side of Ware River; Beginning at Thomas Tracyes north west corner.
[source] Willis, William 20 October 1665. 250 acres upon part of a branch of Craneneck Creek.
[source] Wisdom, Thomas 10 April 1667. 127 acres upon the north side of Tho: Deacons Mill Swamp.
[source] Woodward, John 17 May 1655. 500 acres bounded on the north and north east side with Pyanketank River and a great Marsh, adjoining land of Abraham Moon.
[source] Wormeley, Ralph 26 April 1698. 400 acres escheat land; late in the possession of Eliz: Jenings.
[source] Wormeley, Ralph, Hon 6 June 1699. 128 acres begg. &c. of sd. Wormeley's own land formerly gtd. to Abraham Moone, thence &c to the maine run of Peanketank River, which parteth Middlesex County and Gloucester County thence down &c including all islands and sunken lands.
[source] Wray, John 15 March 1666. 240 acres upon the head of Queens Creek.
[source] Wright, Henry 8 April 1674. 140 acres beg. &c. to a devidend of land lately patented by Robert Beverley.
[source] Wright, Mottrom 20 October 1688. 1000 acres on the north side of Winter Harbour Creek which sd. land belonged to sd. Wright in right of his wife Ruth &c. beg. &c., standing near the north side of the head of the northerly branch of Winter Harbour Creek.
[source] Wright, Mottrom 21 October 1687. 395 acres.
[source] Wyatt, Edward 19 April 1662. 370 acres.
[source] Wyatt, Edward 20 July 1662. 1230 acres on Peanketank River. Beginning &c., along the river to the Wading Creek mouth &c.
[source] Wyatt, Richard 15 August 1642. 250 acres in Mockjack Bay, butting the Narrow of Ware River; bounded on the west side wth. a creeke called Cow Creeke.
[source] Wyatt, Richard 20 August 1645. 250 acres lyeing in Mockjack Bay: part of the land on the eastermost side of Ware River &c. neare a little point oyster shell.
[source] Wyatt, William 16 March 1663. 400 acres ubon the south east side of Mattapony River, seven miles up said river, or thereabouts.
[source] Wyatt, Willm 20 December 1653. 400 acres upon the So. Et. side of Mettapony River, seven miles up the river, or thereabouts.
[source] Wyatt, Wm 27 April 1653. 400 acres upon the So. Et. side of Mattapony River, two miles above the Indian Ferry or thereabouts.
[source] Yeardly, Argall 12 October 1640. 4000 acres lying on the north side of Charles River being a neck of land, called Tindalls Necke.
[source] Young, Richard 20 June 1665. 1700 acres part of the land begins at a marked tree of Thomas Todd on the west side of Cow Creek. The residue on the North River in Mockjack Bay. Beginning at the mouth of Back Creek.

 

You are number to visit our site

ink.gif - 1.5 K President, Roger C. Davis                        ink.gif - 1.5 K Webmaster, L. Roane Hunt

Last Updated  Friday, 30 January 2004 06:20 PM