James City County, Virginia, VAGenWeb page.
Information About James City County, Virginia.
James City County, Virginia, Historical References
Page revised 30 March 2015 © Eve S. Gregory.
- Abercrombie, Janice L. and Richard Slatten, Virginia Publick Claims, James City County (Athens, GA, n.d.)
- Blackmon, Jean E., transcriber, James City County Virginia Land Tax Records 1782-1813 (Athens, GA, 1991)
- Chamberlayne, C. G., The Vestry Book of Blisland (Blissland) Parish New Kent and James City Counties, Virginia 1721-1786 (Richmond, 1979)
- Chamberlayne, C. G., The Vestry Book and Register of St. Peter's Parish New Kent and James City Counties, Virginia 1706-1786 (Richmond, 1989)
- Clark, Jewell T. and Elizabeth Terry Long, A Guide to Church Records in the Archives Branch Virginia State Library (Richmond, 1981)
- Cocke, Charles Francis, Parish Lines Diocese of Southern Virginia (Richmond, 1964)
- Duvall, The Rev. Lindsay O., James City County 1634-1904 (Washington, 1957)
- Evans, June Banks. Her 1989 publication, Settlers Along the Shores of Virginia's York River, is still available for purchase. It includes detailed information on such James City/New Kent family lines as Banks, Farthing, Knewstep, Philbates, and Richardson. Contact: June Banks Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray, Suzanne Smith, Lyndon H. Hart and J. Christian Kolbe, A Preliminary Guide to Pre-1904 County Records in the Archives Branch Virginia State Library and Archives (Richmond)
- Riggs, David F., Embattled Shrine, Jamestown in the Civil War (Shippensburg, PA, 1997)
- Salmon, Emily J. and Edward D. C. Campbell, Jr., eds., The Hornbook of Virginia History, fourth ed. (Richmond, 1994)
- Schreiner-Yantis, Netti and Florene Speakman Love, The Personal Property Tax Lists for the Year 1787 for James City County, Virginia [& Williamsburg City] (Springfield, VA 1987)