King William County, Virginia
Old Homes & Buildings

 

Name Description
Acquinton Church  
Aspen Grove Homestead of the Littlepage family, Hardin Littlepage
Auburn The old home of Wilson Coleman Pemberton. In the front yard is a stone pedestal, which once supported a marble basin, the old baptismal font of Acquinton Church, sent over from England when the church was built 1732. When  the old Episcopal churches in Virginia were practically abandoned , this relic found its way to the Pemberton place, and it was stated that old Wilson Pemberton and his sons irreverently washed their toil-stained hands in the basin for many year when returning from their labor in the field. The basin has long since disappeared.
Broadneck The old home of the Page and Croxton families
Brooklyn The home of Jeremiah Hooper and later, the home of John Duval Edwards.
Cat Tail Church  
Cherry Grove The home of the Edwards family, built by Ambrose Edwards.
Clover Plain The old mansion was built by Thomas Edwards, about 1790, and left to his son Warner Edwards.
Cool Spring The homestead of Colonel Edmund Littlepage.
Elsing Green Originally owned by Colonel William Dandridge, who married Unity West. Elsing Green was for a long time the home of William Burnett Browne. Carter Braxton, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, lived here for some time.
Enfield The orginal home of the Waller family.
Fairfield Part of the original grant to the Ayletts.
Forest Villa Part of the original grant to Ambrose Edwards, who built the house for his son Thomas, when he married Mary Waller.
King William Courthouse  
Langborne The home of John Pemberton, who built on the site of the old Langborne mansion.
Mangohick Church  
Montville  
Mount Pleasant  
Mount Zoar  
River View  
Rose Cottage  
Romancoke  
Rumford Academy  
Spring Bank  
Sweet Hall  
Waterville  
West Point Church  


Return to Home Page