PULASKI COUNTY HOSPITALS
County's first hospital was established by General Chemical Company,
one of Pulaski's Leading industries at the time. The company had
just completed a new brick office building in 1914 and moved the
older frame structure to Main Street to be used as a hospital.
Originally this was for the use of Company employees only but
through an agreement with county citizens it was open to all patients
and doctors in the county. In 1915 the Pulaski Hospital Association
was chartered. General Chemical Company donated equipment and
citizens gave money and supplies. The hospital was a non-profit
organization belonging to the community.
In 1925 through the efforts of Doctors Richard WOOLLING, R. F.
THORNHILL, and D. S. DIVERS, a large brick hospital was built
on north Randolph Ave., Pulaski. The services of the hospital
grew and it became well established serving Pulaski and the surrounding
counties. It later established a school of nursing under direction
of Miss L. E. GERDONE. The hospital grew into a 150 bed institution.
In 1973 it was replaced by the Pulaski Community Hospital built
on U S 11 northeast of the town of Pulaski. The old building on
Randolph Ave. became the Randolph House, a facility for the elderly.