PULASKI VENEER CORPORATION
The Pulaski Veneer Corp., was organized in February 1926,
by Earl B. LANG and Charles E. TURNER, of Indianapolis, Indiana,
with capital stock subscribed by local citizens. T.C. COLEMAN
was elected president; Earl B. LANGE, general manager; Charles
E. TURNER, secretary; C.E. RICHARDSON, treasurer; John S. DRAPER,
first vice president; and J.F. WYSOR, second vice president. The
plant began operations in October 1926.
In the spring of 1927 the Virginia Panel Corporation, with Hans
A. PLOW as manager, was organized, the other officers and stockholders
being practically the same as those of the veneer corporation,
and the two companies operated in the same building. The Virginia
Panel Corp. made plywood and the veneer corporation made face
veneers. In June 1929, the two concerns were merged.
Source: SW Times, Transcribed by Carolyn Worrell