Rockingham County, Virginia
Posted Queries for December 1999 thru January 2000
SURNAMES: A B C
D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HOWARD posted by Chester Paul
Howard Jr. on Thursday, December 2, 1999
- Looking for information on the group of Howards that are listed in the "First
Census of Virginia, 1790", by Ronald Vern Jackson, page #77 and listed under
Rockingham Co. Va. These Howards are; William Howard Sr., Wm. Howard JR., James Howard,
and Samuel Howard. I believe that these Howards only stayed in this county a couple of
years, (possible due to military service) then went on to Montgomery Co, and showing up
there in 1786. Any help in this matter is appreciated.
- PAINTER posted by Donald G.
Shafer on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- PAINTER-- A John Painter was living in Preble Co. Ohio in the 1850C. It was said that he
came from Rockingham Co. Va. He was born 1787 to George and Sophia Painter. Would like
more info. on this family.
- BATMAN, DAVIS posted by Tom Pierce on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Owen Batman was bonded to marry Mary Davis in Rockingham Co. in 1787. Does anyone know
Owen's occupation or place of residence? Several of his descendants, and perhaps Mary,
wound up near Luray in Page County by about 1810. Thanks.
- CUSHEN, JACKSON posted by Unknown on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Betty JACKSON CUSHEN born about 1835 married Randolph D. Cushen born 1835, who was a
Second Lieutenant in the 1st VA. They were from Harrisonburg, VA. Children Claud b.1866,
Randolph D. b.1867, & Floyd Jackson Cushen b. 1870.
- BROWNING, SHUMAKER
posted by Christina Mills on Monday, January 3, 2000
- searching for parents of John Wesley Browning born June 12, 1833 in Rockingham Co. VA
Married Mary Christina Shumaker 11/22/1855 in Buckhannon VA
- COFFMAN, PROCTOR posted by
Mary Morris on Tuesday, January 4, 2000
- COFFMAN, PROCTOR - Interested in Wm. Carlton Coffman who married 2nd Mary Jane Meadows.
Their daughter Lucinda, B Rock. Co, Jun 1865. She md Champe C. Proctor c1887. Also Wm C.
Coffman had a son Wm. Samuel B May 1846 Cedar Hill, Rockingham Co. Anyone know any of
these people? Any info appreciated.
- BURGESS, COFFMAN, JOHNSON, PROCTOR posted by Mary Morris on Tuesday, January 4, 2000
- Interested in the family of Patterson BURGESS (c1825-1912) & wife, Eliza Ann ??.
Patterson supposed to be the son of Sebay(?) & Barbara. Barbara & family in Rm.
Co, 1850 census. Patterson & Eliza Ann's dau: Sallie Ellen (B1869) md Thomas Jackson
JOHNSON. Connections to Coffman, Proctor families of Rockingham Co. Anyone know any of
these people? Any info appreciated.
- MCCAULEY, MEADOWS posted
by Paul Stanley on Wednesday, January 5, 2000
- I am searching for information on William F McCauley born 1849. He married Matilda
Meadows in Rockingham County 1874. I am trying to find the names of his parents and where
he was born.
- MICHAEL, PETERS posted by dana peters on Thursday, January 6, 2000
- I am looking for information on Branson Peters who was born on March, 24 1813 and died
Aug, 10, 1896. He was married to Catherine Michael who was born o Aug. 8, 1820 and died
Feb, 19, 1904. It was mentioned that Branson had been born in Rockingham County VA before
moving to Hampshire County, WV
- KNIGHTEN, PRILL posted by Anna L. Gray on Saturday, January 22, 2000
- Looking for any information on John PRILL, suppose to be father to John William
KNIGHTEN, John's mother was Martha Ann KNIGHTEN. They weren't married that I know of.
Thank You Anna (Knighten ) Gray
- CONN, ELI, ELY
posted by Dennis McFerran on Monday, January 24, 2000
- I posted an inquiry a few months back and have since found new information that changes
that post. I am looking for the parents of Adam Eli CONN. His father was Samuel CONN (b
abt 1765 d abt 1808) and Hannah ELI (Ely) (b abt 1775 d abt 1803-4). The information as to
where the family lived is somewhat confusing. I have found both Rockingham Co and Lee Co
VA. Anybody have anything on this family? Samuel's second wife was Mary Myers, also of
- EATON posted by Robert Moore on
Thursday, January 27, 2000
- Looking for more information in regard to the family of Thomas (b. ca. 1825) and Amanda
Eaton (b. ca. 1830). Anyone have a clue as to what Amanda's maiden name was? What became
of all of the children - Margaret Elizabeth, Abel, Conrad, Martha, Mary, Julia, Amanda,
and Samuel? Also, I think that Thomas was the son of William (b. ca. 1777) & Nancy
Eaton (b. ca. 1785). They had at least two sons - one being Thomas - the other Samuel (b.
- Surname Register and Query Index: A thru B, C thru F, G thru K,
L thru O, P thru S,
T thru Z
- Researcher Profiles: A thru C, D thru G,
H thru K, L thru O,
P thru R, S thru V,
W thru Z
- Queries for April 1997
- Queries for May 1997
- Queries for June 1997
- Queries for July 1997
- Queries for August 1997
- Queries for September 1997
- Queries for October 1997
- Queries for November 1997
- Queries for December 1997
- Queries for January 1998
- Queries for February 1998
- Queries for March 1998
- Queries for April 1998
- Queries for May 1998
- Queries for June 1998
- Queries for July 1998
- Queries for August 1998
- Queries for September 1998
- Queries for October 1998
- Queries for November 1998
- Queries for December 1998
- Queries for January 1999
- Queries for February 1999
- Queries for March 1999
- Queries for April 1999
- Queries for May 1999
- Queries for June 1999
- Queries for July 1999
- Queries for August 1999
- Queries for September thru October 1999
- Queries for November 1999
- Queries for December 1999 thru January 2000
- Queries for February 2000
the most recent queries not yet posted
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty