William Gibson Cemetery

Cemetery is Located on County Road 628, near the junction of 666, east of Saint Paul. There are about 15 unmarked graves. The Black Servants are also buried here. All the Smith Headstones were moved to Temple Hill Cemetery, Temple Hill Virginia, but the remains are still at the William Gibson Cemetery. There are only two remaining headstones, That of William Gibson and Ida Strouth. But a footstone marks the foot of John Wesley Smith's grave, and it is also surrounded by field stones. The Cemetery is overgrown, and located on the Dickenson Farm.

This file submitted by Michael Dye

William Gibson
b. 1795 - d. Aug. 27 1865
Husband of Tabitha "Dickenson" Gibson
Married 06 Jul 1820
William Gibson was a Colonel in the War of 1812

Tabitha (Dickenson) Gibson
b. May 15 1804 d. Jan. 28-1888
She is actually buried at Qualls Cemetery, Glady Fork, near Pound Virginia
Daughter of James Dickenson and Margaret Porter

Elvira Tabitha (Gibson) Smith
b.Nov. 29-1843 d. May 25-1881
Daughter of William and Tabitha Gibson
First wife of John Wesley Smith
Married November 5-1868

John Wesley Smith
b. Dec. 19-1830 d. Sep. 19-1901
Son of George Smith and Isabella "Ibby" Thompson

Nannie A. (Crouch) Smith
b. unknown d. May 10-1891
Second Wife of John Wesley Smith

Thomas Crocket Gibson
b. Feb. 18-1831 d. Died Young
Son of William Gibson and Tabitha Dickenson

Arthur Russell Smith
b. Jul. 20-1886 d. Oct. 08-1891
Son of John Wesley Smith and Nannie A. Crouch

Ida Elizabeth Strouth
b. 1872 d. 1901


3006 visitor since March 20, 2006


Back to Russell County VAGenWeb