RUSSELL COUNTY, DEED BOOK #1 ABSTRACTS

1786 - 1795
By Rhonda Robertson

Page 1 - June 13, 1786 between James Osborn & Mary and Moses Damron...on the waters of Clinch River containing 236 ac by plat dated November 11, 1782...granted to James Osborn by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning...corner to David Calhoun...corner to Henry Hamblins line...Signed: James Osborn & Mary Osborn...No witnesses.

Page 2 & 3 - July 4, 1786 between William Cowan late of Russell Co. And James Osborn...on the waters of Clinch River containing 400 acre plat bearing date November 13, 1783...granted to William Cowan by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning corner to John Cowan's land...the west side of a stony knob...near the head of a sinking creek...along a line above John Cowan's land...Signed: William Cowen. Witnesses: Charles Bickley, Edward Stapleton & Elizabeth Long.

Page 4 & 5 -April 30, 1787 between William Preces and Mary & Robert Craig...300 acres...on the head waters of Trading Creek, a branch of Powels River which was granted to William Preces by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning on the south side of the Poor Valley Ridge...corner to Joseph Martin's land...in a gap of the knobs...to the top of the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: William Preece & Mary Preces. No witnesses.

Page 6 & 7 - October 17, 1787 between Josiah Payne, atty for Matthew Payne & Mary of Davison Co., NC and Samuel Stalliards...175 acres...on the waters of Clinch River adjoining the land Samuel Stalliard bought of Lewis Green which land was granted to Matthew Payne by patent dated November 19, 1785?...Signed: Josiah Payne. No witnesses.

Page 8 - February 2, 1787 between George Puckett and Zachariah Hendricks...108 acres...on both sides of Horns branch, the waters of Cedar Creek, a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the south side of a stony Ridge by the edge of a sinkhole...land granted to George Puckett by patent dated December 27, 1785. Signed: George Puckett. No witnesses.

Page 9 & 10 - June 19, 1787 between Henry Hamblen & Mary and James Bush...on the waters of Clinch River in Castles woods on both sides of Mill Creek containing 70 acres by plat dated November 12, 1782, granted to Henry Hamblen by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning at the mouth of Osborns Spring Branch...up the branch to said Osborns line...Signed: Henry Hamblen & Mary Hamblen. No witnesses.

Page 11 & 12 - May 13, 1787 between Shadrack White & Gledis and Charles Scaggs...290 acres...on both sides of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River land granted to Shadrack White by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning on the south bank of the same at the mouth of a gully...crossing the Laurel Creek...by a path...crossing Indian Creek...crossing the creek 3 times...in the fork of the creek and River...to the top of a Barren Ridge...Signed: Shadrack White & Gledes White. No witnesses.

Page 13 - June 9, 1787 between Alexander Ritchie, late of Russell County and William Osborn...tract of land known by the name of Ritchie's Fort...tract of land known by the name of Ritchie's Fort...tract of land known by the name of Ritchies Fort on the south side of Clinch River and on both sides of Ritchie's Creek...360 acres...Beginning in the river opposite a marked tree...in a gap of the river ridge...Signed: Alexander Ritchie. No witnesses.

Page 14 & 15 - June 19, 1787 between Charles Hays and Martha and Richard Price the less?...76 acres...on both sides of Little Cedar Creek a branch of Big Cedar Creek waters of Clinch River, land granted to Charles Mays by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning on William Gilmore's patent line...near a path...Signed: Charles Hays & Martha Hays

Page 16 & 17 - September 17, 1787 between Shadrack White & Glades and Daniel Deskin...200 acres...on both sides of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River adjoining the place he now lives on which land was granted to Shadrack White by patent dated June 24, 1785... Beginning corner to Briston (Bristow) line. Signed: Shadrack White & Gledis White. No witnesses.

Page 18 - June 19, 1787 between Moses Damron & Aggy, assignee of James Osborn and Laurence Vanhook, Jr...on the waters of Clinch River...234 acres by survey dated November 11, 1782 granted to James Osborn by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning corner to David Cowan's land...above a sinking spring...corner to Henry Hamblen's lines...Signed: Moses Damron & Aggy Damron. No witnesses.

Page 19, 20, 21 - April 5, 1787 between David Pricees & Anne and William Preces...214 acres...being part of a larger tract of 370 acres on both sides of the north fork of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River granted to David Preces by patent dated July 5, 1785... Beginning...on the north side of the creek...Signed: David Preces & Anne Preces. No witnesses.

Page 22 & 23 - March 15, 1788 between Richard Price & Prisscilla and Edward Price...42 acres on both sides of the Milstone branch of Ceder Creek, the waters of Clinch River...Beginning in a hollow near the foot of Clinch Mountain...crossing the spurs of Clinch Mountain...granted to Richard Price by patent dated April 23, 1785...Signed: Richard Price. No witnesses.

Page 24 & 25 - April 10, 1788 between Joseph Martain and Henry Martain and Joseph Bibie...in Powels on the waters of the four mile creek and Martains Creek containing 500 acres by survey dated March 31, 1786, granted to Joseph Martain by patent dated December 27, 1787...Beginning in a gap of a ridge opposite the head of Lick (Rich) Branch...Signed: Joseph Martain. No witnesses.

Page 26 - March 28, 1788 between William Garrison and George Asbury...96 acres and said tract part of a larger tract of 290 acres granted to William Garrison by patent dated July 10, 1785 on the west side of Morriss's Knob on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River...Signed: William Garrison. No witnesses.

Page 27 - March 28, 1788 between William Garrison and William Assbury...96 acres and on the west side of Morris's Knob on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River tract being part of a large tract of 290 acres granted William Garrison by patent dated July 10, 1785... Signed: William Garrison. No witnesses.

Page 28 & 29 - August 13, 1788 between Robert Craig of Washington County and Joseph Martin of Sulivan Co., NC...440 acres on the waters of Martins Creek a north branch of Powels River granted to Joseph Martin by patent dated March 23, 1785...Beginning on the south side of the Poor Valley Ridge...crossing a branch to the joining of his settlement right...crossing the valley to the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: Henry Dickenson, William Robinson and John Campbell.

Page 30 & 31 - August 13, 1788 between Robert Craig of Washington County and Joseph Martin of Sulivan Co., NC...400 acres...on both sides of Martins Creek, a branch of Powels River and granted to Joseph Martin by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning on the south side of the Poor Valley Ridge in the head of a deep hollow...corner to a tract of Martins land...crossing the Valley to the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: Henry Dickenson, William Robinson & John Campbell.

Page 32 & 33 - August 13, 1788 between Joseph Martin and Robert Craig of Washington County...400 acres granted to Joseph Martin by patent dated March 22, 1785 on Martins Creek in Powels Valley...Beginning on the north side of the creek near a leading draft...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: Henry Dickenson, William Robinson & John Campbell.

Page 34, 35, 36 - January 28, 1788 between Joseph Perrin of Hawkins Co., NC and Thomas Johnson...390 acres on both sides of the south fork of Cedar Creek, a branch of Clinch River... Beginning on the north side of Clinch Mountain...to a spur of Clinch Mountain...land granted to Joseph Perrin by patent dated September 1, 1785...a 2nd tract of land containing 76 acres, granted to Joseph Perrin by patent dated September 1, 1785...on the top of the Rye Grass Mountain on the head of a small branch of the south fork of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River... Beginning on the south side of Clinch Mountain...to the top of a narrowing spur...top of a bald spur...Signed: Joseph Perrin. Witnesses: Samuel Ewing, Samuel Gillaspee, Benjamin Johnson.

Page 37 & 38 - August 18, 1788 between Israel Christian of Washington Co., NC and John Elam...199 acres on the waters of Thompsons Creek, a branch of Clinch River, land granted to Israel Christian by patent dated October 2, 1786...Beginning corner to Thomas Furin...corner to Patrick Dowel...between two sinkholes...by a spring...Signed: Israel Christian

Page 39 & 40 - August 18, 1788 between Israel Christian of Washington County, NC heir at law of Sampson Christian, decd and Aron Richardson...on the south side of Clinch River land granted to Samption (Sampson) Christian by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning on the north side of a stony hill on the west side of a hollow...to the top of a high clift by the river...by a sinkhole...along the foot of the river mountain...Signed: Israel Christian. No witnesses.

Page 41 & 42 - October 17, 1788 between Christopher Houston of NC and Nathan Hobbs...on both sides of Mocqueson Creek...Beginning on a rocky spur corner to the land where John Walker formerly lived...by a path...100 acres...Signed: John Tate.

Page 43 & 44 - November 18, 1788 between James McKinney and John Cowen of Green County, NC...235 acres by survey dated March 25, 1783 on both sides of McKinneys Run a south branch of Clinch River...Beginning at the foot of Copper Creek Ridge...corner to Ridge...Signed: John Cowen. No witnesses.

Page 45 & 46 - September 17, 1788 between James King of Lincoln County, VA and William Blanton.. On both sides of Mockaeson Creek a south branch of the north fork of Holston containing 185 acres granted to James King by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning on the bank of the creek... corner to Alexander Barnett's lower line...Signed: James King Carr. No witnesses.

Page 47 - March 18, 1788 between William Stuart & Easter and Samuel Vanhook...on Copper Creek the waters of Clinch River containing 200 acres by survey granted to William Sprat dated April 20, 1784...above a path at the top of a ridge on John Back's line...Signed: William Sprat & Easther Sprat. No witnesses.

Page 48 & 49 - January 23, 1789 between Charles Kilgore of Green County, NC and Joshua Penix...for 50 pounds...on the south side of Copper Creek a branch of Clinch River containing 71 acres...Beginning on the west side of a spur above a branch...to a conditional corner on the original line...Signed: Charles Kilgore. Witnesses: James Davison, Christopher Cooper, Champion Faris, Robert Kilgore, Thomas Alley, John Salyer.

Page 50 & 51 - January 23, 1789 between Charles Kilgore of Green County, NC and John Salliers ...5 pounds...on the south side of Copper Creek a branch of Clinch River containing 60 acres... Beginning by a lick hole...corner to a conditional line between Thomas Alley and John Salliers... being part of a patent obtained by Charles Kilgore assignee of Bazel Boren dated June 26, 1786. Signed: Charles Kilgore. Witnesses: James Davison, Champness Faris, Robert Kilgore, Thomas Alley, Joshua Penix.

Page 52 & 53 - January 23, 1789 between Charles Kilgore of Green Co., NC and Thomas Alley... that the said Robert Kilgore for 40 pounds...on the south side of Copper Creek containing 145 acres...Beginning at a conditional corner between Thomas Alley and Joshua Penix...on the original line by a path...to a conditional line between Thomas Alley and John Salliers...being part of a patent granted to Charles Kilgore, assignee of Bazel Boren dated June 26, 1786. Signed: Charles Kilgore. Witnesses: James Davison, Champness Faris, Robert Kilgore, John Sallier, Joshua Pinex.

Page 54 & 55 - October 1, 1788 between Silas Enyart & wife and James Davison, Jr...200 acres granted to Silas Enyart by patent dated June 20, 1787 on the north side of Clinch Mountain and on both sides of Little Mocqueson Creek the waters of the north fork of Holston River... Beginning at the foot of Clinch Mountain...corner to Joel Driden's land. Signed: Silas Enyart & Sarah Enyart. Witnesses: Elisha Faris, John Payne, Champion Faris.

Page 56 & 57 - May 19, 1789 between Henry Hamblin, late of Russell County and Robert McCoy ...on the waters of Clinch River containing 325 acres by plat dated November 12, 1782... Beginning on the river ridge corner to William Harrelsons land...on Osborns line...Signed: Henry Hamblen & Mary Hamblen

Page 58 & 59 - May 19, 1789 between Henry Hamblin & Mary and Robert McCoy...granted Henry Hamblen by patent dated July 23, 1788...Beginning at the river ridge corner to John Kincaids land...corner to James Osbourns line...by a sink hole...Signed: Henry Hamblin & Mary Hamblin. No witnesses.

Page 60 & 61 - September 2, 1788 between William Harrelson of NC & Anne and Samuel Ewing ...land known and distinguished by the name of Ewings Choice containing 380 acres...on both sides of the south fork of Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River...Beginning corner to Alexander McClanahans patent land...by the north fork of the creek...by a path...corner to Thomas Hendrix... to the foot of Clinch Mountain...granted to William Harrelson by patent dated July 5, 1785... Signed: William Harrelson & Nanna Harrelson. Witnesses: Richard price, Francis Price, Joel Perrin.

Page 62 & 63 - March 12, 1787 between William Harrelson in behalf of Elisha Nelson of NC, as power of attorney and Anjer Price...294 acres...on both sides of Swords Mill Creek, a branch of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River which land was granted to Elisha Nelson by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning at the foot of Clinch Mountain...by two sinkholes...crossing the creek and the spurs of Clinch Mountain...Signed: William Harrelson. Witnesses: Richard Price, Francis Price and Joel Perrin.

Page 64 & 65 - September 2, 1788 between William Harrelson of NC & Anne and Benjamin Johnson...containing 296 acres on the north side of Clinch River and on both sides of Dumps Creek the waters of the same, land granted to William Harrelson by patent dated July 5, 1785... Beginning by an old field...Signed: William Harrelson & Vanna (Nanna) Harrelson. Witnesses: Richard Price, Francis Price & Joel Perrin.

Page 66 & 67 - August 18, 1789 between James Davison & Margaret and Elisha Faris... containing 200 acres...on the north side of Clinch Mountain on both sides of Little Mocqueson Creek the waters of the north fork of Holston River...Beginning at the foot of Clinch Mountain... corner to Joel Dudens? Land...west side of a branch...along Clinch Mountain. Signed: James Davison & Margaret Davison.

Page 68 & 69 - June 20, 1789 between John Briston & Elizabeth and Jacob Francisco...300 acres at the crossroads on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, granted John Briston by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning on Joseph Merediths line...above two sinkholes... crossing spring branch...to the top of the brushy ridge...Signed: John Briston & Elizabeth Briston. No witnesses.

Page 70 & 71 - December 16, 1789 between John Briston & Jane and William Buster...189 acres being one half of a larger tract of 379 acres granted to John Buster by patent dated March 22, 1785...Beginning on the north side of the original tract of 379 acres...Signed: John Buster & Jane Buster.

Page 72 & 73 - June 8, 1789 between John Briston & Elizabeth and Jacob Francisco...75 acres at the crossroads on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River granted to John Briston by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning at the top of a spur corner to his settlement right... corner to Cockrell's line...Signed: John Bristow & Elisabeth Bristow. No witnesses.

Page 74 & 75 - June 14, 1789 between John Bristow & Elisabeth and Reuben Ratliff...160 acres on the paint lick the waters of the maiden spring fork of Clinch river which was granted John Bristow by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning near the top of a ridge...opposite the pain lick ... Signed: John Bristow & Elisabeth Bristow. No witnesses.

Page 76 & 77 - May 22, 1789 between John Scaggs and Elisabeth and Moses Scaggs...220 acres on both sides of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, part of a larger tract of 320 acres granted John Skeggs by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning corner to Charles Scaggs... crossing the river by a sinkhole...Signed: John Scaggs & Elisabeth Scaggs. No witness.

Page 78 & 79 - April 11, 1788 between John Wells & Susanna and Solomon Litton...146 acres on both sides of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River, part of a larger tract of 276 acres granted John Wells by patent dated December 27, 1785. Beginning at the division line of John Thompson and John Wells...crossing the creek...by a path...by the edge of a meadow near the foot of a hill... Signed: John Wells & Susanna Wells. No witnesses.

Page 80 & 81 - August 17, 1789 between John Wells & Susanna and Abraham Beavers...133 acres part of a larger tract of 276 acres granted to John Wells by patent dated December 17, 1785 ...Beginning corner to Thomas Price's land...Signed: John Wells & Susanna Wells. No witnesses.

Page 82 & 83 - August 17, 1789 between John Wells & Susanna and Henry Burk...190 acres on the Elk Garden joining Solomon Litton and David Preece...Beginning on John Thompson's line... corner to said Wells survey...corner to David Priest. Signed: John Wells & Susanna Wells. No witnesses.

Page 84 & 85 - July 21, 1789 between Edmund Smith of Lincoln Co. And James McKinney...150 acres granted to Edmund Smith by patent dated July 5, 1785 on both sides of Castlesrun a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the north side of Copper Creek Ridge...corner to Col. William Russell's land...corner to Edward Stapleton's land...on the east side of Castles run and north side of the Kentucky Road...leaving Stapleton's line and with a line of Fredrick Friley's land...crossing the run...Signed: Emund Smith. No witnesses.

Page 86 & 87 - January 1, 1789 between Thomas Johnson and Edward Smoot...400 acres on both sides of Wallens Creek, a branch of Powels River...Beginning on the north side of Powels Mountain...on Wallins Ridge...crossing the creek to a parcel of rocks under Powels Mountain... land granted to Thomas Johnson by patent dated June 26, 1786...Signed: Thomas Johnson. No Witnesses.

Page 88 & 89 - August 18, 1789 between Alexander Barnett & Jane and James Dickenson of Washington Co...400 acres granted to Alexander Barnett by patent dated April 13, 1784...on both sides of Mocqueson creek a north branch of the north fork of Holston River...Beginning below a path by a sinkhole...corner Benjamin Astills patent line...head of a rich hollow on the north side of Clinch Mountain...Signed: Alexander Barnett & Jane Barnett. No witnesses.

Page 90 & 91 - April 23, 1789 between William Blanton and Robert Craig, Sheriff of Russell County...523 acres on both sides of Copper Creek a branch of Clinch River and granted to George Oxer by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning above Amos's branch. Signed: Robert Craig. No witnesses.

Page 92 & 93 - October 20, 1789 between John Arthur and Henry Skeggs...215 acres granted to John Arthur by patent dated May 6, 1787 on the south side of the house and barn mountain on the water of the maiden spring fork of Clinch River...Beginning between two sinkholes...corner to Richard Prices land...Signed: John Arthur & Priscilla Arthur. No witnesses.

Page 94 & 95 - December 4, 1787 between Cornelius Roberts & mary and Frances Price, 352 acres on both sides of the glade hollow branch the waters of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River... Beginning on the west side of a hollow corner to Patrick & John Coils land...land granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787. Signed: Cornelius Roberts & Mary Roberts. No witnesses.

Page 96 & 97 - February 13, 1790 between Thomas Price & Nancy and Charles Crumwell...50 acres by survey dated May 12, 1783 in the county of Washington on the waters of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...land granted to Thomas Price by patent dated March 12, 1783. Signed: Thomas Price & Nancy Price. Witnesses: Henry Smith, Richard price, Josiah Fuget.

Page 98 - January 4, 1790 between Jeffery Hildrith & Sallie and Robert Burns...100 acres... Beginning at the foot of the Short Mountain...corner to David Ward...corner to Martin? King... Signed: Jeffery Hildreth & Silla Hildreth. Witnesses: David Ward & Henry Bowen

Page 99 & 100 - October 3, 1789 between Joseph Martin of Henry County & Susanna and William Smith of Henry County...300 acres in Powels Valley on the head of Indian Creek a north branch of Powels River...Beginning on the south side of Poor Valley Ridge...corner to Brice Martin...crossing the valley to the Poor Valley ridge. Signed: Joseph Martin & Susanna Martin... Witnesses: Robert Craig, William Robeson, Robert Craig.

Page 101 & 102 - October 13, 1789 between Joseph Martin of Henry County & Susanna and William Robinson...in Powels Valley on both sides of Harmons Camp Branch and on both sides of the Kentucky trace (road?) Containing 400 acres...land granted to Joseph Martin by patent dated January 1, 1788...Signed: Joseph Martin & Susanna Martin...Witnesses: Robert Craig, William Smith.

Page 103, 104, 105 - April 20, 1790 between John Frazier & Mary and Joseph Coger...95 acres granted to John Frazer by patent dated July 5, 1785 on south side of Powels River about half a mile above the lower north fork of said river...Beginning on the bank of the river opposite a rocky clift...below a bent of the river...Signed: John Frazer & Mary Frazer. No witnesses.

Page 106 & 107 - May 14, 1790 between Benjamin Nicholson & Temma? And William McClain...150 acres granted to Benjamin Nicholson by patent dated June 26, 1786 on both sides of Clinch River...Beginning on the bank of the river at the mouth of a branch...corner to Rawley Duncan's land...on the west side of Bustard's Run near the bank of the river...This indenture of Bargain and sale of land was executed by Patrick Porter on behalf of Benjamin Nicholson by power of attorney. Signed: Patrick Porter. No witnesses.

Page 108 - August 17, 1790 between Richard price & Lucy and William Gilmore...78 acres granted to Richard Price by patent dated July 23, 1788 in the Mill Creek Valley the waters of Clinch River...Beginning on the south side of the Valley Creek...Signed: Richard Price & Lucey Price. No witnesses.

Page 109 - August 17, 1790 between Edward Smoot & Mary and Jacob Rarsnake...195 acres in the Glade Hollow on the waters of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning along a conditional line of marked trees made between Jacob Rarnesnake and Zachariah Hendrix including the south side of the said track of land which was granted to Edward Smoot by patent dated June 20, 1785...Signed: Edward Smoot & Mary Smoot. No witnesses.

Page 110 - August 17, 1790 between Edward Smoot & Mary and Zachariah Hendrix...195 acres in the Glade Hollow on the waters of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning along a conditional line agreed upon between Zachariah Hendrix and Jacob Raresnake including the north side of the tract of land granted to Edward Smoot by patent dated June 20, 1785...Signed: Edward Smoot & Mary Smoot. No witnesses.

Page 111 & 112 - August 7, 1790 between Richard Price & Lucy and William Gilmore...76 acres on both sides of little Cedar Creek a branch of Big Ceder waters of Clinch River which was granted to Charles Hays by patent dated march 20, 1785. Beginning on William Gilmores patent land...crossing a branch near a spring...near a path...to the south side of glady hill near the creek... Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 113 - September 20, 1790 between Henry Scagg & Mary and Simeon Jackson...215 acres on the south side of the House and Barn Mountain on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River...Beginning between two sinkholes...corner to Richard Price's land. Signed: Henry Scaggs & Mary Skaggs. No witnesses.

Page 114 & 115 - August 18, 1790 between Alexander Scott & Susanna and Samuel Robinson... 272 acres on both sides of a small branch the waters of the North fork of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River which said land was granted to Alexander Scott by patent dated April 25, 1785...Beginning by a branch near the foot of the House and Barn Mountain...corner to Richard Prices

Page 116 & 117 - June 8, 1790 between Benjamin Sharp of Washington Co. And Andrew Martin ...on the waters of Cedar Creek, a branch of Clinch River containing 200 acres by grant dated June 26, 1786...Beginning on the top of a ridge corner to James Litton...near the mouth of a sinking branch...corner to Alexander McClanahan's patent land...corner to Thomas Price, Jr. Signed: Benjamin Sharp. Witnesses: John Horton, Jacob Crabtree & Simeon Cockrell.

Page 118 & 119 - October 12, 1790 between David Price & Ann and Abraham Crabtree...156 acres part of a large tract of 370 acres on both sides of the north fork of Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River granted to David Price by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning in the edge of a meadow, corner to John Wells land...in the edge of a bottom William Price's...Signed: David Prees & Ann Prees. No witnesses to deed. Andrew Cowan & Richard Price witnessed Ann Prees examination for dower rights.

Page 120 & 121 0 October 9?, 1790 between Henry Dickenson & Mary and Andrew Cowan, Thomas Carter, Richard Price, John Tate, Samuel Ritchie & Charles Beckley...concerning the consideration of the Courthouse and other publick buildings being erected on the land as Trustees of the property...certain tract of land whereon the said publick buildings now stands...62 acres and 30 square poles...Beginning on the southeast corner of Henry Dickenson's now dwelling house... Signed: Henry Dickenson & Mary Dickenson. No witnesses.

Page 122 & 123 - February 22, 1791 between Francis Price & Jane and Thomas Hansford...272 acres according to the conditional line made by Mesheck Stacy, Simeon Stacy & William Jewel (Sewel) on both sides of the Glade Hollow Branch, the waters of cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the west side of a hollow corner to Patrick & John Coils land...between two sinkholes...land granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787...Signed: Francis Price & Jane Price. No witnesses.

Page 124 & 125 - November 5, 1790 between Benjamin Johnson & Hannah and Thomas Johnson ...296 acres on the north side of Clinch River and on both sides of Dumps Creek the waters of the same...Beginning...on the bank of clinch River...Signed: Benjamin Johnson & Hannah Johnson. Witnesses: H. Smith & Richard Price.

Page 126, 127, 128 - July 22, 1790 between James Scott, brother and heir at law to Archabald Scott, decd & Rebaca and Thomas Johnson...398 acres of land granted to Archabald Scott by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning on the south side of Waldings Ridge adjoining his settlement...to the north side of Powells Mountain...on the south side of Waldens Ridge...Signed: James Scott & Rebeckah Scott. No witnesses.

Page 129 & 130 - July 22, 1790 between James Scott, brother and heir at law of Archibald Scott, decd & Rebeckah and Thomas Johnson...182 acres on the north side of his settlement which land was granted to Archabald Scott by patent dated July 5, 1795...Beginning on the north side of a Chestnut Ridge...on the settlement survey...Signed: James Scott & Rebeckah Scott. No witnesses.

Page 131 & 132 - July 22, 1790 between James Scott, brother and heir at law of Archabald Scott, decd & Rebeckah and Thomas Johnson...400 acres on the head of Wallins Creek the Powells Valley which land was granted to Archibald Scott by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning on the north side of Powells Mountain...on the spur of Powells Mountain...Signed: James Scott & Rebeckah Scott. No witnesses.

Page 133 & 134 - March 23, 1791 between Thomas Price & Jane and John Jessey...200 acres on both sides creek the waters of Clinch River...land granted Thomas Price by patent dated April 22, 1785...Beginning on the south side of a branch...on a steep bank near the creek...Signed: Thomas Price & Jane Price. No witnesses.

Page 135 & 136 - March 22, 1791 between Samuel Vanhook & Hannah and James McFarland... 199 acres on both sides of the north fork of Ceder Creek the waters of Clinch River, land granted to Samuel Vanhook by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning near a branch a corner of Thomas Hendricks land...corner to Laurence Vanhooks land...near a path...along near Alexander McClanahan's patent land...Signed: Samuel Vanhook & Hannah Vanhook. No witnesses.

Page 137, 138, 139, 140 - March 21, 1791 between Thomas Hendricks & Sarah and Benjamin Johnson...170 acres part of a tract of 400 acres granted to Thomas Hendricks by patent dated June 26, 1786 on both sides of Cedar Creek...Beginning...corner to the original patent of 400 acres...crossing Cedar Creek...on the north side of the south fork of Cedar Creek...Signed: Thomas Hendrick & Sarah Hendricks. Witnesses: H. Smith, Jeremiah fields & Betsey Hendricks.

Page 141, 142, 143, 144 - March 20, 1791 between Thomas Hendricks & Sarah and Samuel Fields...80 acres part of a tract of 400 acres granted to Thomas Hendricks by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning on the corner of the original tract of 400 acres granted to Thomas Hendricks ...on the spurr of the Chestnut Ridge near a Branch...by the side of a road...Signed: Thomas Hendrick & Sarah Hendrick. Witnesses: Henry Smith, Jeremiah Fields, Betsey Hendrick.

Page 145 & 146 - March 13, 1791 between Samuel Vanhook & Hannah and Benjamin Johnson... 130 acres in the Elk Garden on Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River...Beginning on a bald hill corner to William Harraldson...by a path...running down the branch to Enos Browning line...on an Island of Cedar Creek...land granted to Samuel Vanhook by patent dated 1787. Signed: Samuel Vanhook & Hannah Vanhook. No witnesses.

Page 147 & 148 - March 22, 1791 between Samuel Vanhook & Hannah and Robert Vickars...on Copper Creek the waters of Clinch River containing 200 acres...survey granted to William Pratt by patent dated April 20, 1764...Beginning above a path, the top of a ridge on John Backs line... Signed: Samuel Vanhook & Hannah Vanhook. No witnesses.

Page 149 & 150 - March 21, 1791 between Samuel Vanhook & Hannah and William Cope...147 acres in the Elk Garden on the north side of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River...land granted to Samuel Vanhook by patent dated September 10, 1786...Beginning on a line of James Shoemaker's to Vanhooks...by a path near the creek...corner to Isaac Vanhooks...Signed: Samuel Vanhook & Hannah Vanhook. No witnesses.

Page 151 & 152 - March 22, 1791 between Jacob Neese & Mary and Edward Stapleton...on both sides of big Copper Creek being part of Jacob Neese's patent land...Beginning on the west side of said patent land to the east side of said patent land...to the south side of above mentioned corners ...Signed: Jacob Neese. Witnesses: Thomas Stapleton, John Stapleton, Edward Dorton.

Page 153 & 154 - March 21, 1791 between Enos Browning & Jane and John Gibson...122 acres on both sides of the north and south forks of Cedar Creek, a branch of Clinch River, land granted to Enos Browning by a patent dated December 27, 1785...Beginning on the north side of the north branch of the creek corner to Thomas Hendricks land...Signed: Enos Browning. No witnesses.

Page 155 & 156 - September 30, 1790 between Charles Scaggs & Lucy and William Cecil of Wythe Co...290 acres on both sides Maiden Springs Fork of Clinch River, land granted to Shadrick White by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning on the south bank of the same at the mouth of a gully...crossing the laurel creek and branch...by a path...crossing Indian Creek...in a fork of the creek and river...on the top of a barren ridge...Signed: Charles Scaggs & Lucy Scaggs. Witnesses: Jacob Franciscoe, George Franciscoe & John Bristow

Page 157 & 158 - June 28, 1791 between William Gilmore & Elizabeth and Andrew Cowan...345 acres granted to William Gilmore by patent dated August 16, 1756 on the waters of Ceder Creek, branch of Clinch River...Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore.

Page 159 & 160 - August 23, 1791 between William Gilmore & Elizabeth and John Cowan...355 acres granted to William Gilmore by patent dated August 16, 1756 on the waters of Ceder Creek, branches of Clinch River...Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore. No witnesses.

Page 161 & 162 - August 20, 1791 between Henry Dickenson & Mary and William Gilmore...100 acres on the north side of Copper Ridge granted to Henry Dickenson by patent dated August 3, 1751?...Beginning at the end of a spur of Copper Ridge...at the foot of the Copper Ridge... Signed: Henry Dickenson & Mary Dickenson. No witnesses.

Page 163 & 164 - March 22, 1791 between Robert Vickers & Sedea and Samuel Ewing...on the head of a small branch the waters of Clinch River containing 96 acres granted to Robert Vickers by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning on the north side of a ridge corner to John Jacksons land...near a field...in the gap of a ridge...Signed: Robert Vickars & Sedia Vickers. No witnesses.

Page 165 & 166 - August 23, 1791 between Edward Smoot & Mary and James Arbuckle...400 acres on both sides Wallens Creek a branch of Powells River...Beginning on the north side of Powell Mountain...on Wallins Ridge...crossing the creek to a parcel of rocks under Powells Mountain...Signed: Edward Smoot & Mary Smoot.

Page 167 & 168 - September 27, 1791 between James Rodgers & Mary and James Brown...265 acres granted to James Rodgers by patent dated December 31, 1784 in the Rich Lands on both sides of the north fork of Clinch River...Beginning on the north side of the river at a foard... crossing the river to the foot of a high clift...crossing the river several times to the mouth of the creek. Signed: James Rodgers & Mary Rodgers

Page 169 & 170 - September 27, 1791 between Edward Faris, administrator of the estate of Elisha Faris, decd and James Osborne...paid unto Elisha Faris in his lifetime...116 acres granted to Elisha Faris by patent dated June 14, 1787 on both sides of Mocqueson Creek a branch of the north fork of Holston River...Beginning on the north side of Crabtrees branch...Signed: Edward Faris. No witnesses.

Page 170, 171 & 172 - September 27, 1791 between William McClain & Mary and Jeremiah Herrel... on the north side of Clinch River containing 25 acres...Beginning on the bank of Clinch River... north crossing the Road...corner to McClain's line...including all the land McClain owns above a line drawn. Signed: William McClain & Mary McClain. No witnesses.

Page 173 & 174 - September 27, 1791 between Benjamin Alderson & Anne and Edward Kelley... 64 acres part of a tract of 120 acres granted to Benjamin Alderson by patent dated March 20, 1785 on the south side of Clinch River on a small branch the waters of the same...Beginning on the east side of a branch...the north side of Copper Ridge...Signed: Benjamin Alderson & Anne Alderson. No witnesses.

Page 175, 176 & 177 - September 11, 1791 between Moses Skeggs & Elizabeth and Shadrack White...220 acres on both sides of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, part of a tract of 320 acres granted to John Scaggs by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning on Charles Scaggs line... to the top of a cedar ridge...crossing the river by a sinkhole...Signed: Moses Scaggs & Elizabeth Scaggs. No witnesses.

Page 178, 179 & 180 - September 26, 1791 between John Scaggs & Elizabeth and John Saddler ...100 acres according to a conditional line between the two parties...on both sides of Sorral Creek of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, part of a larger tract of 320 acres granted to John Scaggs by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning corner to Charles Scaggs...Signed: John Scaggs & Elizabeth Scaggs. No witnesses.

Page 181 - September 28, 1791 between Benjamin Alderson & Ann and Aaron Alderson...60 acres on Clinch River, 60 acres part of a larger tract of 380 acres granted to Benjamin Alderson by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning on the south side of the River...corner of the new survey, crossing the river...down the river below the ford...Signed: Benjamin Alderson & Anne Alderson. Witnesses: Richard Price, Samuel Robinson, William Webb

Page 182 & 183 - October 8, 1791 between Benjamin Alderson & Anne and Joseph Oney of Wythe Co...200 acres on both sides of Clinch River part of a larger tract of 350 acres granted to Benjamin Alderson by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning at the mouth of a branch then crossing the river down the meanders...to the south side of the river...on the west side of a branch ...corner to Edward Kelley's line on the ridge then along Aaron Aldersons conditional line...to a conditional line below the ford of the River on the south side...crossing the river...Signed: Benjamin Alderson & Anne Alderson. Witnesses: Richard Price, Samuel Robinson, William Webb

Page 184 & 185 - 1791 between Brice Martain of Henry County and Robert Craig, Merchant of Washington County...400 acres...Beginning on the south side of the Pore Valley Ridge on the west side of a Rich Hollow...corner to John Martins land...on the west side of a spurr corner to his settlement right...crossing the creek to the Poore Valley Ridge...Signed: Brice Martin. Witnesses: William Hord, Axton White Cotton, John Sumpter, Richard Bennatt

Page 186, 187 & 188 - November 7, 1791 between William Hord of Henry Co. And Moses Ball ...160? (163) acres in Powells Valley on Indian Creek, joining the lands of Joseph Martin & David Chadwell...Beginning on the south side of the Poore Valley Ridge...corner to Chadwells...to the bent of the creek...Signed: William Hord. No witnesses.

Page 189, 190 & 191 - November 23, 1791 between Henry Dickenson, Guardian to James Allord and John W. Crunk...by a decree of the court in April 1790 in a suit in chancery in which John W. Crunk vs complainant and the said Henry Dickenson, guardian to James Allord, son & heir to Amos Allord, decd as defendant 200 acres on the south side of Clinch River granted by patent to Amos Allord...Beginning on a spurr near Falling Creek a branch of Clinch River...in a sinkhole at the foot of the Rocky Knob...crossing a branch...near the top of a ridge...by a path...Signed: Henry Dickenson, guardian to James Allord. Witnesses: A. Smyth, Waller Preston, James McFarlane.

Page 192, 193 & 194 - November 23, 1791 between John W. Crunk & Milley and Henry Smith... on the south side of Clinch River containing 200 acres...Beginning on a spurr near Falling Creek, a south branch of Clinch River...by a path...Signed: John W. Crunk & Milley Crenk. Witnesses: A. Smyth, Walter Preston, James McFarlane

Page 195 & 196 - January 23, 1792 between James Osborne & Mary and Austin Bush...125 acres on the north side of Clinch River...Beginning at the foot of the knobs...crossing the Buffaloe lick Branch...by the Kentucky path on Rawley line...Signed: James Osborne & Mary Osborne. No witnesses.

Page 197 & 198 - September 29, 1791 between Jacob Neese & Mary and Austin Bush...100 acres by survey dated May 10, 1782 part of Neese Patent Land...Beginning on the south side of a Ridge ...east side of the patent land corner to Edward Stapleton...corner to Michael Auxer corner... Signed: Jacob Neese & Mary Neese. No witnesses.

Page 199 - September 1, 1791 between Jacob Neese & Mary and Michael Auxer...50 acres on Copper Creek being part of Neeses Patent land bearing date of July 5, 1785...east near the open line of the patent land...to the top of the hill west of a hollow called Crab Orchard...corner to Edward Stapletons line...Signed: Jacob Neese & Mary Neese. No witnesses.

Page 200, 201 & 202 - September 8, 1791 between William Kendrick & Susannah and John Horton...340 acres on the head of the east fork of Indian Creek, a south branch of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River...Beginning on a flat spurr of Clinch Mountain...in a valley...near the bank of the creek then south...crossing the creek twice...to a spur of Clinch Mountain...land granted to William Kendrick by patent dated 1790...Signed: William Kendrick & Susannah Kendrick. Witnesses: Samuel Robinson, Simeon Jackson, Elias Arthur

Page 203 & 204 - October 22, 1791 between Laurence Vanhook & Rachal and Moses Damron & Aggy, assignee of James Osborne of the one part and John Damron...on the waters of Clinch River containing 170 acres part of a survey granted to James Osborne by patent dated July 5, 1785..Beginning in a sinkhole corner to David Cowan...continuing up the branch to a fork of the branch...corner to Abraham McClanen...corner to Henry Hamblins...Signed: Laurence Vanhook & Rachel Vanhook. No witnesses.

Page 205 - June 4, 1787 between Laurence Vanhook, Sr., assignee of Moses Damron & Aggy and Zachariah Jones...part of a tract of land granted to Moses Damron by James Osborne by deed surveyed from a patent granted to Osborne dated July 15, 1785...Beginning near a branch in the line of David Cowan...westerly up the branch to a fork of said Branch...corner to mcClenen then south...joining the road leading from Frileys to Robinsons...60 acres...Signed: Laurence Vanhook & Rachel Vanhook. Witnesses: Samuel _____, Laurence Vanhook

Page 206 & 207 - November 16, 1791 between Thomas Carr & Anne of Albemarle Co., and Daniel Young...100 acres...Beginning corner to Jones then with Noe's line south...by a road then leaving Noe's line...Signed: Thomas Carr & Anne Carr. Witnesses: John Simmons, Frederick Jones, Nathaniel Hix

Page 208 & 209 - November 16, 1791 between Thomas Carr & Ann of Albemarle Co. And Daniel Young...211 acres...Beginning at the foot of a ridge by a branch...Signed: Thomas Carr & Anne Carr. Witnesses: John Simmons, Frederick Jones & Nathaniel Hix

Page 210 & 211 - November 16, 1791 between Thomas Carr & Ann of Albemarle Co. And John Noe...100 acres...Beginning on a line of Frederick Jones land near the sinking spring...by a road... Signed: Thomas Carr & Ann Carr. Witnesses: John Simmons, Frederick Jones, Nathaniel Hix.

Page 212 & 213 - March 27, 1792 between Henry Hamblin and James Leath...on the north side of Clinch River containing 100 acres...part of a larger tract of land granted to Henry Hamblin by patent dated July 20, 1790...Beginning at the mouth of Stony Creek then up Clinch River to the patent line...Signed: Henry Hamblin

Page 214 & 215 - February 24, 1792 between Henry Hamblin and John Alley...100 acres on the north side of Clinch River being part of a tract of land called John Blackmores old fort, land granted to Henry Hamblin by patent dated July 20, 1790...Beginning on a flat rock on the bank of the river...on the bank of the river opposite to Howards Islands...Signed: Henry Hamblin & Molly Hamblin. Witnesses: John W. Crunk, Alexander Jones, Milley Crunk, John Carter.

Page 216 & 217 - March 27, 1792 between Henry Hamblin and Samuel Auxer...200 acres part of a larger tract of land granted to Henry Hamblin by patent dated July 20, 1790...Beginning on a flat rock on the bank of Clinch River then running down the middle of the _____...to Stoney Creek, down Stoney Creek to the Mill Race then down the Mill Race. Signed: Henry Hamblin. No witnesses.

Page 218 & 219 - April 10, 1792 between Charles Lynch & Robert Saunders of Wythe Co. And Charles Cocke...on Indian Creek containing 1166 acres...Signed: Charles Lynch & Robert Saunders. Witnesses: Thomas Preston, Daniel Trigg, A. Smyth

Page 220 & 221 - June 26, 1792 between William Gilmore & Elizabeth and Richard Price...400 acres granted to William Gilmore by patent dated March 20, 1785 on Little Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the north side of Mocqueson Knobs...between a sinkhole and head of a hollow...by a path and above a sinkhole...crossing the creek...by a sinking spring on the north side of said knobs...Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore. No witnesses.

Page 222 & 223 - November 7, 1791 between Joseph Martin of Henry County and William Huston...690 acres by patent granted to Joseph Martin of Powells River...Beginning on the south side of the Poor Valley Ridge...corner to Brice Martins land...by the Kentucky Road...joining his settlement tract...crossing the creek and the valley to the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: James Blair, Thomas Carter and Simon Cockrell

Page 224 & 225 - July 24, 1792 between Robert Vickers and Lydia and James Jackson...96 acres granted to Robert Vickars by patent dated May 26, 1783 on the waters of Clinch River and on the north side of the same...Signed: Robert Vickers and Liddy Vicars. No witnesses.

Page 226 & 227 - August 26, 1792 between James Elkins and Martha and William McGuire... 200 acres by survey dated April 25, 1783 on both sides of the upper north fork of Clinch River on both sides of Indian and Middle Creek the branches of River or fork...Beginning in the head of a hollow corner to Richard Elkins...near the bank of Middle Creek...crossing Indian Creek...the Gap of a high ridge...to the foot of a stony ridge...crossing Middle Creek and along a Ridge...land granted to James Elkins by patent dated June 20, 1786...Signed: James Elkins and Martha Elkins. No witnesses.

Page 228 & 229 - August 28, 1792 between Robert McFarland & Ann and John Counts...166 acres granted to Robert McFarland by patent dated June 27, 1788...Beginning on the north side of the Glade Hollow...Signed: Robert McFarland & Ann McFarland. No witnesses.

Page 230 & 231 - August 22, 1792 between John Campbell of Madison Co., KY and Monases Freel of Wythe Co...400 acres...on both sides of Cane Creek a branch of the north fork of Powell River...Beginning in a cane brake at the foot of the Poor Valley Ridge...crossing the creek. Signed: John Campbell. Witnesses: Nathan Ellington, Robert Duff and Christopher Cooper

Page 232 & 233 - August 27, 1792 between John Campbell of Madison Co., KY and Nathaniel Hix...254 acres...Beginning on the south bank of the river by a spring...crossing Shaver Creek... Signed: John Campbell. Witnesses: John Noe, John Vanbibber, David Noe

Page 234 & 235 - September 25, 1792 between Charles Cocke and John Bennam of Washington Co...250 acres granted to Charles Cocke by patent dated 1785 below the Wagon Ford of Powells River on both sides of the Road known by the name of Gatliff Place...Signed: Charles Cocke

Page 236 & 237 - September 25, 1792 between William Robertson and William Niel...400 acres... Beginning near the old station camp corner to John Ewing and William Robertson land...then with Ewings land south...on a cedar clift...Signed: William Robertson. Witnesses: John W. Crunk and Andrew Cowan

Page 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 & 243 - February 1, 1792 between Francis Pieree deTubeuf, Luisa Duchesne, Charles Despada, Cesar Lefebove, Eusibe Delaplanche, and Simon Purchet and Henry Lee, Governor of VA...10,000 acres by survey dated June 26, 1787...Beginning with the east corner of a survey of 5000 acres of land made for Richard Smith known and described as No. 22 and running thence to the east side of Guess's River...standing in the line of a survey of 5000 acres made for Richard Smith known by No. 21 then south along the western bounds of the survey passing its corner and along the western bounds of another survey of 5000 acres made for Richard Smith known by No. 20. Also one tract of land containing 5000 acres by survey dated June 27, 1787...Beginning in the southwest corner of a survey of 5000 acres made for Richard Smith and known as No. 22...standing at the mouth of Big Toms Creek where it enters itself into Guesses River...Signed: Frances Pierre de Tubeuf, Louisa Duchene, Charles Despada, Cesar Lefebvree, Eusebe Delaplanche, Simon Perchit. Witnesses: Henry Dickenson, Nathan Ellington, P. Tubeuf younger.

Page 244 & 245 - May 22, 1792 between James Parberry of Franklin Co., and John Henderson of Henry Co...1000 acres by a patent dated November 30, 1784...on both sides of the north fork of Clinch River...Beginning corner to his other survey...by the Kentucky Road near the Flat Lick... crossing the north fork near the foot of Powell Mountain...on the Poor Valley Knobs...Signed: James Parberry. Witnesses: Alexander Tirk?, William Hobbs, Hugh Monhollon, Francis Bird, George Wilcox.

Page 246 & 247 - October 20, 1792 between William Osborne of Pendleton Co., SC and James Osborne...known by the name of Ritchies Fort...Beginning on the south side of Clinch River on the River Ridge...Signed: William Osborne. Witnesses: Squire Osborne, Hosea Alley and Austin Bush.

Page 248 & 249 - August 31, 1791 between Richard Garden & Susanna of Madison Co., VA and James Arbuckle...320 acres on both sides of Powells River between the lines of Thomas Campbell land Joseph Bouchers land...Beginning on the south side of the Brushy Ridge near the top...corner to Campbells land...crossing the river pursuing Campbells corner...spur of Wallins Ridge...on Bouchers line...on the south side of the Brushy Ridge. Signed: Richard Gordon & Susann Gordon

Page 250 & 251 - January 22, 1790 between James Osborne & Mary and Samuel Stallard... known by the name of Ritchies Fort...Beginning on the south side of Clinch River and on both sides of Ritchies Creek containing 360 acres. Beginning in the river...to a gap in the River Ridge... Signed: James Osborne. No witnesses.

Page 252 & 253 - January 22, 1793 between Francis Browning, attorney for Zachariah Hendrix and John Puckett...108 acres on both sides of Horns Branch the waters of Ceder Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the south side of Stony Ridge by the edge of a sinkhole...Signed: Francis Browning.

Page 254 & 255 - February 25, 1793 between Joel Hobbs & Margerett and William Tate...on both sides of Mocqueson Creek...Beginning on a spur of Clinch Mountain corner to Robert Tates land...at the foot of Clinch Mountain...Signed: Joel Hobbs & Margarett Hobbs

Page 256 & 257 - February 15, 1793 between Thomas Johnson & Fanny and Abraham Crabtree ...92 acres in the Elk Garden on the waters of Preests Creek, a branch of Clinch River which land was granted to Thomas Johnson by patent July 22, 1793...Beginning near the round meadow...by a spring branch...corner to David Priest...corner to John Wells land...Signed: Thomas Johnson & Francis Johnson.

Page 258 & 259 - February 27, 1793 between Thomas Johnson & Fanny and Jacob Crabtree...50 acres on both sides of the south fork of Cedar Creek, part of a larger tract of 390 acres granted to Joseph Perrin conveyed to Thomas Johnson...Beginning on a spur of Clinch Mountain...Signed: Thomas Johnson & Francis Johnson. No witnesses.

Page 260 & 261 - October 22, 1792 between Samuel Ewing and Richard Fields...on Ceder Creek ...Beginning on the top of a hill near Richard Fields dwelling house...on the west bank of Cedar Creek...to a conditional line between Laurence Vanhook and his son Aron. Signed: Samuel Ewing. No witnesses.

Page 262 & 263 - November, 1791 between Stanwix Hord, William Hord & John Hord of Henry Co. And David Chadwell...400 acres in Powell Valley on Indian Creek...Beginning on the top of a ridge and on the north side of a sink hole...near the Kentucky Trace...on the bank of Indian Creek ...to the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: Stanwix Hord, William Hord & John Hord. No witnesses.

Page 264 & 265 - November, 1791 between Stanwix Hord, William Hord & John Hord of Henry Co and David Chadwell...707 acres...on Indian Creek...Beginning on the south side of the creek near the bank...corner to Chadwell...Signed: Stanwix Hord, William Hord & John Hord. Witnesses: William Frazer, John P. Pyrtle, John Sumpter.

Page 266 & 267 - February 13, 1792 between Joseph Martin, attorney for Brice Martin of Henry Co. And Robert Craig of Washington Co...820 acres by survey dated November 5, 1783 on Indian Creek a north branch of Powels River...Beginning on the south side of the Poor Valley... corner to Joseph Martins land...corner to his settlement right...crossing the creek and the valley to the Poor Valley Ridge...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: John Carter, Charles Carter & William Huston.

Page 268 - February 10, 1792 between Joseph Martin of Henry Co. And Robert Craig of Washington Co...176 acres by survey dated November 6, 1782 in Powels Valley on Martins Creek... Beginning on the north side of the Creek...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: John Carter, Charles Carter and William Huston

Page 269 - April 1, 1793 between Joseph Martin of Henry Co and Moses Ball...400 acres...known by the name of Wallins Improvement Powells Valley on Indian Creek joining the lands patented to Mordicai Hord...Signed: Joseph Martin. Witnesses: William Hord, John P. Pyrtle, Joseph Rijon (Ryan), William Draper and William Frasher

Page 270 & 271 - April 24, 1793 between Walter Gray and Littleton Cassle...land whereon Littleton Cassle now lives...30 acres part of a tract of land granted to Walter Gray by patent dated July 23, 1788 containing 150 acres...Beginning at the mouth of Stantons Creek...near a spring in the bank of the creek on the upper east side...contained in the same patent on the north side of Clinch River on the upper side of Stantons Creek as high up said creek...Signed: Walter Gray. Witnesses: Samuel Ritchie, John Willoughby, Thomas Blakemore.

Page 272 - April 23, 1793 between Samuel Auxer & Salley and David Cock...180 acres... on the head of Copper Creek...Beginning on the end of a spur of Moqueson Ridge...crossing the creek... Signed: Samuel Auxer & Salley Auxer. No witnesses.

Page 273 & 274 - April 23, 1793 between Henry Hamblin and Patrick McDavid...on the north side of Clinch River containing 40 acres...part of a tract of land granted to Henry Hamblin by patent dated July 20, 1790...Beginning at the mouth of the Millrace and up said race to Stoney Creek including the Mill and down Stoney Creek to Clinch River and down the river. Signed: Henry Hamblin. No witnesses.

Page 275 - October 23, 1792 between William Blanton and Joel Hobbs...on both sides of Moqueson Creek, a branch of the north fork of Holston River...containing 185 acres conveyed to William Blanton from James King Carr September 17, 1785 (1788) nd granted to Carr by patent dated June 26, 1786...Beginning on the bank of the creek on Alexander Barnets lower line... Signed: William Blanton & Hannah Blanton. Witnesses: Nathan Ellington, Richard Price & Charles Carter.

Page 276 & 277 - December 25, 1792 between William Blanton & Hannah and Robert Kilgore... on Copper Creek a south branch of Clinch River containing 226 acres...Beginning...above Amos's Branch...Signed: William Blanton & Hannah Blanton. Witnesses: Richard Price, Joel Hobbs, Charles Carter

Page 278 - November 21, 1792 between Robert Anderson & Mary of Bedford County and John Quinn of Bedford County...290 acres by survey dated February 18, 1793 same land granted to Joseph Morton, assignee of Patrick Henry as per patent dated at Richmond October 31, 1783...in Powells on the east side of Crismons land on both sides of the branch that runs down past the Rock Spring Station...Beginning on the north side of Wallens Ridge corner to Chrismans line... with Aron Lewis land...Signed: Robert Anderson. Witnesses: Patrick Newney, Henry Dickenson, Walter Preston.

Page 279 & 280 - July 23, 1793 between John Crank & Elizabeth of Washington County and Joseph Whitely...containing 396 acres granted to John Crank by patent dated July 20, 1790 on the waters of Copper Creek, a south branch of Clinch River being the place he formerly lived on... Beginning on the north side of Mockerson Ridge...in a gap of Mockerson Ridge...Signed: John Crank & Elizabeth Crank. No witnesses.

Page 281 - July 23, 1793 between Richard Price & Lucy and Shadrack Williams - 100 acres - to a conditional line between Shadrick Williams and John Dollerhide and made by Tolleporoah Wright, Cornelius Dollerhide & Thomas Dollerhide, land granted to William Glmore by patent dated March 20, 1785...on Little Ceder Creek, a branch of Clinch River...Beginning by Andrew Cowans line on the east side and Dollerhides line on the west side...Signed: Richard Price & Price. No witnesses.

Page 282 - September 15, 1792 between William Rodgers and Patrick Kindrick, Jr...185 acres... along the foot of Kents Ridge on the north side...Beginning on the west side spur of Kents Ridge...Signed: William Rodgers. Witnesses: Samuel Ritchie, Daniel Johnson, Moses Damron

Page 283 - December 23, 1792 between Champ Faris & Catherine and James Osborne...on Big Mockerson Creek, a north branch of the north fork of Holstein River containing 100 acres...part of a larger tract of land granted to George Keesee by patent dated July 23, 1788...Beginning at a place known by the name of Dug Bank...down the creek to the patent line. Signed: Champ Faris. Witnesses: Charles Carter, James Davison, John Carter, Henry Wood

Page 284 - August 5, 1793 between John Arther & Pirseyla, Lee County and William Elam...196 acres on the north side of Indian Creek, the waters of Clinch River...Beginning corner to John Arther's line...with Simon Cockerals line...Signed: John Arther & Priseyla Arther. No witnesses.

Page 285 & 286 - August 21, 1793 between Daniel Diskins & Sarah and James Daniel...200 acres on both sides of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, land granted to Shadrick White by patent dated June 24, 1785...Beginning on the side of a ridge...Bristos line...Signed: Daniel Diskins & Sarah Diskins. Witnesses: David Ward & John Deskins.

Page 287 - August 27, 1793 between John Arther & Priscilla and Thomas Hunt...50 acres... Beginning on the west side of a path...at the foot of the House & Barn Mountain...Signed: John Arther & Priscilla Arther. Witnesses: J. A. Blair, Nathan Ellington, Robert Atkinson

Page 288 & 289 - August 24, 1793 between Edward Stapleton & Catharine and Stephen Ogden...on both sides of Copper Creek being part of Jacob Neeses patent land...145 acres...all the land on the south side of Neeses patent land dated July 5, 1785...Signed: Edward Stapleton & Catharine Stapleton. Witnesses: James Dickerson, Robert Duff, Robert Vicers

Page 290 - April 12, 1793 between William Fletcher & Mary and William Lockhart...on the waters of Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River containing 152 acres...Beginning corner to Andrew Lockhart's survey...with James Browns line...at the foot of Paint Lick Mountain...corner to the conditional line between William and Andrew Lockharts surveys...Signed: William Fletcher & Mary Fletcher. No witnesses.

Page 291 - April 12, 1793 between William Fletcher & Mary and Andrew Lockhart...on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River, containing 153 acres...Beginning on the top of the spur of Morris's Knobb...corner to a conditional line made between William and Andrew Lockhart surveys...on the side of Morris's Knobb...Signed: William Fletcher & Mary Fletcher. No witnesses.

Page 292 - August 5, 1793 between Francis Price & Jean and James Gray...80 acres in the Glade Hollow, a branch of Ceder Creek the waters of Clinch River, land was granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787...Beginning...on the south side of a glade hollow...to a conditional line between said land and Thomas Mansefords by Masheck Stacey, Simon Stacey and William Jewel?...Francis Price & Jean Price. Witnesses: Richard Price, Anjer Price and Moses Smith.

Page 293 & 294 - March 18, 1793 between John Froast & Mary Frost, late widow of Cornelius Roberts, decd. James Roberts & John Froast of the one part and John Kyzer...70 acres... Beginning at the mouth of Backs branch on the south side of Clinch River and running to the lower corner of the survey, crossing the river to the other corner...line of the survey to the clift of Backs...Signed: John Frost & Mary Frost. No witnesses.

Page 295 - March 18, 1792 between Joseph Kizer & Susanna and Henry Willard...35 acres on Clinch River...Beginning at clift of rocks on the north side of the river...Signed: Joseph Kizer. No witnesses.

Page 296 - September 17, 1793 between William Smith, Sr. & Elizabeth and James Pemberton... on the north side of Moqueson Ridge on the waters of Clinch River, a piece of land given by William Smith to his son Charles Smith, part of a tract of land granted to William Smith by patent dated September 11, 1789...Beginning at the corner of a conditional line made between William Smith & James Pemberton and run with the old marked conditional line...70 acres...Signed: William Smith & Elisabeth Smith. Witnesses: Anjer Price, Thomas Whiteley, George Smith

Page 297 - September 21, 1793 between John Cowan of Nox County in the southwest Territory and James McKenney...235 acres by survey dated March 21, 1783 and granted to John Cowan by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning at the foot of Copper Creek Ridge...corner to William Cowans (now James Osbornes) land. Signed: John Cowan. Witnesses: Richard Price, Henry Dickenson, Edward Dorton

Page 298 & 299 - September 24, 1793 between William Gilmore, Sr. & Elizabeth and William Gilmore, Jr...365 acres granted William Gilmore by patent dated August 26, 1756 on the waters of Cedar Creek, branches of Clinch River. Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore. Witnesses: James Blair, Henry Dickenson, Nathan Ellington.

Page 300 - December 22, 1792 between George Kesee and Champ Faris...on Big Mocquison Creek, branch of the north fork of Holsten River containing 190 acres granted to George Kesee by patent dated July 23, 1788...Beginning on the bank of the creek...Signed: George Keesee. Witnesses: Charles Carter, John Carter, Henry Wood

Page 301 - John Breeding of Lincoln Co., KY sold to John Brickey...on the north side of Clinch River on Thomsons Creek...Beginning by Thomsons Creek...near the mouth of the Creek...above the mouth of a branch...Signed: John Breeding. Witnesses: Spencer Breeding, George Mackey, John Short

Page 302 & 303 - January 28, 1794 between William Gilmore, Sr. & Elizabeth and John Jessey... 50 acres granted to John Jessey by patent dated December 18, 1792...on the waters of Cars Creek branches of Clinch River...Beginning by a path at the foot of a hill...line of a tract of land surveyed for Aaron Vanhook...to the south side of the creek corner to Vanhooks survey...Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore

Page 304 - January 23, 1794 between William Gilmore & Elizabeth and John Jessee...200 acres granted to William Gilmore by patent dated August 16, 1756...on the waters of Carrs Creek, a branch of Clinch River...Beginning at the north foot of Copper Creek Ridge...up Carrs Creek and crossing the same by a mill being corner to Gilmore 50 acre tract...Signed: William Gilmore & Elizabeth Gilmore.

Page 305 & 306 - October 10, 1793 between Champain Faris and John White...on Big Moqueson Creek and on the north side of the creek...50 acres...Beginning at the mouth of the first branch below James Daversons Millhouse branch and down the creek as the creek goes to the dug bank and then running out towards Copper Creek Ridge with James Osborns line...Signed: Champain Faris. Witnesses: John Wood, James Osborn, John Stacey.

Page 307 - January 24, 1794 between Thomas Colley and John Husk...on the north side of Copper Ridge part of the land Thomas Colley now lives on...100 acres...to a conditional line made between Thomas Colley and said land...Beginning on the east by a branch the conditional line...on the northwest & south by the old lines which land was granted to Thomas Colley by patent dated September 10, 1787. Signed: Thomas Colley

Page 308 - February 25, 1794 between William Gilmore, Sr. & Elizabeth and James Kelley...100 acres on the north side of Copper Ridge land granted to Henry Dickenson by patent dated August 3, 1791 and made over to William Gilmore by a deed of conveyance dated August 20, 1791... Beginning at the end of a spur of Copper Ridge...at the foot of Copper Ridge...Signed: William Gilmore

Page 309 & 310 - September 4, 1793 between Nathan Hobbs of Birch Co., NC and David Cane (Cain)...on both sides of Moqueson Creek...Beginning...corner to the land where John Walker formerly lives on...along a rocky brake of land...100 acres...Signed: Nathan Hobbs. Witnesses: John Lemar, Bety Lemar, Richard Barns, James Hobbs.

Page 311 - March 24, 1794 between John Thompson and Alexander Shoemaker...57 acres...on the top of Copper Ridge on the head of a small branch of Cedar Creek, the waters of Clinch River granted to John Thompson by patent dated March 2, 1785...Beginning by a path on the top of the ridge...Signed: John Thompson

Page 312 - September 20, 1783 between Simon Cockrell & Magdaline and Samuel Duff...on the waters of Indian Creek and on both sides of said creek...Beginning on the east side of the Big Spring Fork of Indian Creek...near the Walnut branch...crossing the fork of Indian Creek...Signed: Simon Cockrell & Magdalen Cockrell. Witnesses: David Ward, Samuel Roberson, Shadrick White

Page 313 - John Breeden of Lincoln Co., KY sold to John Short...on the north side of Clinch River...Beginning...by the river bottom...by Weavers Creek...Signed: John Breeden. Witnesses: Zachariah Price, Christopher Hains, Thomas Colley

Page 314 - August 24, 1793 between Simon Cockrell & Magdaline and Zachariah Scaggs...140 acres...on the waters of the Middle Fork of Indian Creek a south fork of Clinch River... Beginning at William Hendrick (Kendrick)...side of a spur of Clinch Mountain...corner to Patrick Kendricks land...Signed: Simon Cockrell & Magdaline Cockrell. Witnesses: David Ward, Samuel Robinson, Shadrick White.

Page 315 - March 25, 1794 between Samuel Stalliards & Jael and Michael Shoffet...on the south of Clinch River part of the tract whereon Stalliards now lives...Beginning...on the foot of the River hill...Signed: Samuel Stalliards

Page 316 - May 27, 1794 between John Back and John Harris...140 acres by survey dated May 10, 1782 granted to John Back by patent dated July 4, 1785...in the forks of Copper Creek, a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the west side of a barren ridge corner to Joshua Romans land...Signed: John Back

Page 317 - August 8, 1793 between Thomas Hansford of Kentucky & Margaret and Richard Price...275 acres according to the conditional line made by Meshack Stacy, Simon Stacy and William Jesvell (Jewel)...on both sides of the Glade Hollow branch the waters of Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River...Beginning on the west side of a hollow, corner to Patrick & John Coils land...land granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787...Signed: Thomas Hansford & Margret Hansford. Witnesses: Moses Smith, Anjer Price, Will Smith

Page 318 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and Robert Brown...80 acres...in the Glade Hollow the waters of Clinch River part of tract granted to William Gilmore by patent dated March 30, 1790...Beginning on the east by a conditional line between land and Anjar Price and on the north by the old line and on the west by a conditional line between land and William Smith and on the south by the old line...Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 319 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and William Smith...10 acres granted William Gilmore by patent dated March 10, 1785 on Little Cedar Creek a branch of Clinch River ...Beginning at the north corner, the conditional line made between Price and William Smith running a straight course to the corner of said Smiths fence a straight course to the ridge to the old line to include the land between that line and the old line on the west side...Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 320 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and Daniel Price...220 acres land granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787...Beginning on the west side of a hollow corner of Patrick & John Coils land...along a conditional line between said land and Peter Outhouse and between said land and James Gray running nearly north till it joins the open line of tract. Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 321 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and Anjar Price...50 acres on little cedar creek the waters of Clinch River part of a tract of land granted to William Gilmore by patent dated march 25, 1785...Beginning to the east by a conditional line between said land and Cornelius Dollarhide and on the north by the old line on the west by a conditional line between land and Robert Brown and on the south by the old line...Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 322 & 323 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and John Dollarhide...40 acres on the waters of Clinch River on little Cedar Creek which land was granted to William Gilmore by patent dated March 20, 1785...Beginning on the east by a conditional line between said land and Shadrick Williams on the north by the old line and on the west by a conditional line between said land and Cornelius Dollarhide and on the south by the old line...Signed: Richard price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 324 - July 22, 1794 between Richard Price & Lucy and Peter Outhouse...50 acres part of a certain tract of land granted to Cornelius Roberts by patent dated May 6, 1787...in the Glade Hollow on the waters of Clinch River...Beginning on the east by the old line and on the north by a conditional line between the land and Peter Lawsons land and on the west by a conditional line between said land and Simon Stacey and on the south by a conditional line between land and Daniel Price. Signed: Richard Price & Lucy Price. No witnesses.

Page 325 - July 22, 1794 between Anjer Price & Jean and Eurascus Anderson...244 acres on both sides of Swords Mill Creek a branch of Big Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River land was granted to Elisha Nelson by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning at the foot of Clinch Mountain...to a conditional line made between Anderson and Henry Williams and with the conditional line till it joins the old line and with the old line to Clinch Mountain...Signed: Anjer Price & Jean Price. No witnesses.

Page 236 - July 22, 1794 between Anjar Price & Jean and Henry Williams...50 acres in Swords Mill Creek, a branch of big Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River, part of a tract of land granted to Elisha Nelson by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning on the north corner to a conditional line made between Henry Williams and Eurascus Anderson...Signed: Anjer Price & Jean Price. No witnesses.

Page 327 - July 22, 1794 between Spencer Breeding & Elizabeth and John Short...10 acres on Weavers Creek on the west side and on the north side of Clinch River, part of a larger tract of land containing 400 acres...Beginning...to the mouth of Weavers Creek...Signed: Spencer Breeding & Elizabeth Breeding. No witnesses.

Page 328 - June 16, 1794 between Spencer Breeding & Betsey and Robert Webb...on Clinch River containing 20 acres...part of a larger tract granted to Spencer Breeding by patent dated December 15, 1792...Beginning...on the south side of the river and long a clift of rocks to the river...Signed: Spencer Breeding & Elizabeth Breeding. No witnesses.

Page 329 - July 22, 1794 between James Turner and Henry Dickenson...100 acres by survey dated September 30, 1790...Beginning on the bank of Copper Creek by the main road...Signed: James Turner. No witnesses.

Page 330 - June 4, 1794 between Thomas Short & Nary and Christopher Hains...100 acres part of a larger tract of 517 (117) by patent dated May 16, 179?...Signed: Thomas Short & Nary Short. No witnesses.

Page 331 - July 7, 1794 between Samuel Young & Susanna and Moses Higginbotham...100 acres on the waters of the Maiden Spring of Clinch River...Beginning at the foot of the Paint Lick Mountain...to Robert Belsha's corner...to Gildy Hollow...up the ridge to Lyles Dolsberry corner... on the old path to the patent line on Paint Lick Mountain...part of a larger tract of 300 acres granted to Samuel Young by patent dated June 13, 1793...Signed: Samuel Young & Susanna Young. No witnesses.

Page 332 - July 18, 1795 between Josiah Fugate & Elizabeth of Cleek (Clark) Co., KY and Henry Smith...on both sides of the upper north fork of Clinch River...Beginning...corner to Samuel Fowler...on a bluff near a path...crossing a mill pond...at the side of a swamp...Signed: Josiah Fuget & Elisabeth Fuget. Witnesses: John Graham, French Mason & Harry Smith

Page 333 - July 7, 1794 between Samuel Young & Susanna and Robert Belshey...100 acres on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River...Beginning in Gildys hollow...part of a larger tract of land granted to Samuel Young by patent dated June 13, 1793. Signed: Samuel Young & Susannah Young. No witnesses.

Page 334 - July 7, 1794 between Samuel Young & Susanna and Lyles Dolsberry...100 acres on the waters of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River...Beginning on Robert Belsheys line on the top of Gildys Ridge...in Lyday Hollow...on the south side of the Paint Lick Mountain...part of a larger tract of 300 acres granted to Samuel Young by patent dated June 13, 1793. Signed: Samuel Young & Susannah Young. No witnesses.

Page 335 - July ?, 1793 between Richard Elkins & wife and Isaac Johnson...129 acres on both sides of the upper fork of Clinch River...Beginning on the north bank of the Clinch River corner to Samuel Rodgers...crossing the creek to the mouth of the same at the bank of the river...at the foot of Kents Ridge and along the same...Signed: Richard Elkins. Witnesses: William McGuyer, Archasbel Prater

Page 336 & 337 - August 15, 1794 between Abram Beavers & Anne and Thomas Johnson...96 acres granted to Abram Beavers by patent dated November 13, 1795 on the south side of the south side of Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River...Beginning corner to William Herlson & Alexander McClenahan...at the foot of Clinch Mountain...corner to Thomas Johnson...Signed: Abram Beavers & Anne Beavers. No witnesses.

Page 338 - August 15, 1794 between Abram Beavers & Annable and Abraham Fuller...73 acres by patent dated January 10, 1783...on both sides of a north fork of Cedar Creek the waters of Clinch River...Beginning corner to Drury Packets land...corner to John Wells land...to the side of the Brush Hill...Signed: Abram Beavers & Annabel Beavers. No witnesses.

Page 339 - February 13, 1794 between Henry Bark & Mary and Abraham Fuller...50 acres part of a larger tract of 243 acres granted to Henry Bark by patent dated December 3, 1792...Beginning corner to William Cromwell...Signed: Henry Bark & Mary Bark. No witnesses.

Page 340 - April 1, 1794 between Zachariah Jones, assignee of Laurence Vanhook & Rachel and Samuel Porter part of a tract of land granted to Laurance Vanhook by Moses Damron by deed conveyed from a patent to James Osburn July 15, 1785...Beginning near a branch on the line of David Cowan...westwardly up the branch to a fork...corner of Mc McClenen...the lines of the above tract southward joining the road leading from Frileys to Robinsons...60 acres...Signed: Zachariah Jones & Elisabeth Jones. No witnesses.

Page 341 - July 10, 1794 between John Ruth & Leah and Adam Lash...16 acres on the north fork of Indian Creek...Beginning...crossing the north of Indian Creek...near the top of a ridge corner to John Arthur...crossing the north fork of Indian Creek...Signed: John Ruth & Leah Ruth. No witnesses.

Page 342 - August 12, 1794 between John Ruth & Leah and Isaac Moore...198 acres...on both sides of the north fork of Indian Creek...Beginning...crossing the north fork of Indian Creek... near the top of a hill in a line of John Arthur...corner to Simion Jackson...corner to Richard Price ...part of a larger tract of 214 acres granted to John Ruth by patent dated November 21, 1793 the remaining 16 acres conveyed to Adam Lash on July 10, 1794. Signed: John Ruth & Leah Ruth. No witnesses.

Page 343 - September 20, 1794 between Bean Smallwood & Elisabeth and John Drake...90 acres in the fork of Indian Creek the waters of Clinch River and near his former survey...land granted to Bean Smallwood by patent dated December 14, 1792...Signed: Bean Smallwood & Elisabeth Smallwood. No witnesses.

Page 344 - Walter Gray and William Watson...on the north side of Clinch River, part of a tract granted to Gray by patent dated July 3, 1788 being the tract Gray now lives on...Beginning... corner to Littleton Casles land...to the river at the mouth of Stauntons Creek...Signed: Walter Gray & Sarah Gray. No witnesses.

Page 345 & 346 - August 26, 1794 between John Elam and Alden Williamson...100 acres on the waters of Thompsons Creek, a branch of Clinch River, land granted to John Elam by deed of conveyance dated August 18, 1788 from Israel Christian, land granted to Israel Christian by patent dated October 2, 1786...Beginning corner to Thomas Ferral...corner to Dowell...Signed: John Elam. Witnesses: John Thompson & William Elam

Page 347 - October 28, 1794 between Austin Bush and John Phillips...125 acres on the north side of Clinch River...Beginning...crossing the Buffaloe Lick Branch...by the Kentucky Path in Bowleys line...Signed: Austin Bush. No witnesses.

Page 348 - September 21, 1794 between Joseph Meredith of Green Co., KY and Henry Smith... on the south side of the north fork of Clinch River...365 acres of land granted to Joseph Meredith by patent dated July 23, 1794...Beginning at the top of the Brushy Ridge...Signed: Joseph Meredith & Nancy Meredith. Witnesses: John Ward, Sally Smith and Peggy Smith

Page 349 & 350 - September 15, 1794 between Patrick Kindrick & Jane and Henry Smith...on the south side of the Maiden Spring Fork of Clinch River and on the Spring Branch of Patrick Kindricks containing 70 square poles part of a tract of land containing 175 acres granted to Patrick Kindrick by patent dated June 20, 1785...Beginning on the north bank of the branch... Signed: Patrick Kindrick & Jane Kindrick. Witnesses: George Kindrick, Daniel Johnson & Ann Kindrick

Page 351 - August 26, 1794 between John Dickenson of Washington County & Henry Dickenson ...286 acres by patent dated March 15, 1783...on the north side of Clinch River land granted to John Dickenson by patent dated July 5, 1785...Beginning on the bank of the Clinch River below Gests Ford...corner to Henry Dickenson...corner to John Baydols line...by a path...Signed: John Dickenson. Witnesses: James McFarlane & John George

Page 352 - October 24, 1794 between Joseph Meredith of Green Co., KY and Jacob Francisco... Joseph Meredith with the virtue of a power of attorney from Jesse Gray & Mary recorded in Green Co., KY...115 acres in a Gap of Kents Ridge where Henry Smith cleared a path and on the waters of Clinch River land was granted to Jesse Gray by patent dated July 23, 1783 (1788)... Beginning on the east side of the Gap...on the top of the ridge by the old path... Signed: Joseph Merredith. No witnesses.

Page 353 - June 24, 1794 between John Jackson and John Thompson...165 acres by survey dated March 22, 1783 on the head waters of three sinking branches, the waters of Clinch River...Signed: John Jackson. No witnesses.

Page 354 - December 8, 1794 between David Cocks & Jamima and William Kelley...on the lick branch the waters of Copper Creek, waters of Clinch River land granted to David Cocke by patent dated 1792...Beginning on the lick branch and running up the branch to the head and from thence to McGomereys Branch by a conditional line to the old line...50 acres...Signed: David Cocke. No witnesses.

Page 355 - February 4, 1795 between Richard Price, Jr., attorney for Aaron Richardson and George Belsher...70 acres on the south side of Clinch River...Signed: Richard Price. No witnesses.

Page 356 - February 25, 1795 between Richard Price, Jr., attorney for Aaron Richardson and George Belcher...between Clinch River and the House and Barn Mountain land granted to Aaron Richard by patent dated June 8, 1793 containing 70 acres...Beginning by the side of Clinch River...line of Aaron Richardson...Signed: Richard Price. No witnesses.

Page 357 - February 25, 1795 between George Belcher & Mary and Robert Massey...32 acres on the south side of Clinch River part of a tract of land before surveyed for Sampson Christian... Beginning...by a ridge on the top of Cedar Clift...Signed: George Belcher. No witnesses.

Page 358 - Clark County, Enoch Smith & James Poage, Justices of the Peace and Elizabeth Fugate acknowledge her dower to 385 acres described below September 21, 1795...October 20, 1798? (88) between Edward Young and Elizabeth and Jeremiah Patrick, Sr...96 acres on both sides of Clinch River...Signed: Edward Young & Elizabeth Young. No witnesses.



15611 visitor since November 16, 1998


Back to Russell VAGenWeb