"The Ephuram Jessee House on route 640 between Mill Creek and Carterton was built in the early 1800's. It is presently owned by Mrs. H. E. Addison. The three rooms downstairs and upstairs on the left are the original house. The kitchen was probably separated from the house by a dog trot. This was closed in and was at one time a hallway. There are wide poplar floors throughout. The two mantles are of black walnut. The inside walls of the house are of yellow poplar, tongue and grooved sealing, one inch thick and was worked out by hand. There are two narrow stairways. The chimneys are of stone and brick and the fireplace in the two front rooms are back to back and arae about 36" deep. Three generations are living on this farm today".