This file submitted by Keli Spiegel
Located on Rt. 656 in Elk Garden, Russell Co., VA, the main part of the Stuart Mansion was built in 1806 by Thomas Hendricks. It was later owned by the Stuart family of the Stuart Land and Cattle Company. Former Virginia governor, Henry Carter Stuart lived in the house. The house is now owned by Smiley Ratliff.
8691 visitor since Mar 28, 2006
Back to Russell County VAGenWeb