Scott County Historical Society
Scott County, Virginia

Scrapbook Memories

Mildred McConnell's Scrapbook Articles

Home ] Up ] One Room Schools ] Saratoga School ] Addington Frame ] Clinchport ] Hale Spring ] Patrick Hagan ] Figures of Speech ] Haunted House ] Trek West ] Carter Sisters ] High Knob Mystery ] Kinfolks ] Molly White ] Greenwood Normal ] Twin Springs ] James Aker 104 ] Superstitions ] Sunbright ] Rafting ] Old Timers ] Polly Phipps ] CW Death List ] Brick Church ] Midway School ] Hiltons ] [ Antioch Church ] Dungannon Past ] NHS-1936 ] Derting Bros ] Kane Homeplace ]

Antioch Church Now Owned by
Quillin Clan

Antioch Church

     The Quillin Clan has purchased the Antioch Church property from the United Methodist Church of the Big Stone Gap District.

     Antioch Church, situated about three miles east of Gate Cit has been used as the annual meeting place of the Quillin Clan since 1938. The site was donated by John D. Quillin, September 11, 1867.

     At the 40th Annual Reunion held the 24th of August, the Rev. Harold S. Buck, Sr., District Superintendent of Big Stone Gap District of the United Methodist Church, presented the deed to the property to President Charles T. (Tommy) Quillin.

     The Quillin Clan how has a permanent home which is a dream that has been shared by many for several years.

     The 4oth Reunion shall be well remembered for this special occasion as Quillins from far and near shared in this historic endeavor.

Note: 1980 hand written in margin.

 

Home ] Up ] One Room Schools ] Saratoga School ] Addington Frame ] Clinchport ] Hale Spring ] Patrick Hagan ] Figures of Speech ] Haunted House ] Trek West ] Carter Sisters ] High Knob Mystery ] Kinfolks ] Molly White ] Greenwood Normal ] Twin Springs ] James Aker 104 ] Superstitions ] Sunbright ] Rafting ] Old Timers ] Polly Phipps ] CW Death List ] Brick Church ] Midway School ] Hiltons ] [ Antioch Church ] Dungannon Past ] NHS-1936 ] Derting Bros ] Kane Homeplace ]